Thread: Gas City 2014
View Single Post
2/25/14, 3:55 PM   #42
PatrickMead#13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
Thanks for the, um intermission, Brucer...
But back to the subject, I just had a long conversation with Mel; heck of a nice guy. The long and short of it is, he still hasn't got the Midget rules nailed down yet, and had kind of a misperception that the Mini Sprints had an advantage over full Midgets at Montpelier (somebody told him they let Mini Sprints run wings against the Midgets; what the heck?). I did my best to persuade him that a "National" Midget still has the edge, but Mini Sprints can be competitive and add to the car count. He's also had discussions with Greg Watson (Alex Watson's Dad) who's told him the same thing. Mel said he would give our input some serious thought and give me a call when he's decided what he's going to do.
Well, last spring, I was the only mini sprint at Montpelier for the Friday night race and I definitely did not have any advantage over the midgets. I was flat footed, elbows up and hanging in there with the oil cooled Suzuki til it let go. As anyone who has been to one of the events, it's a level playing field. The first season really illustrated this as Joe was one of the front runners because two reasons. 1. Heck of a shoe. 2. Nailed his setup.

1 member likes this post: jjones752