View Single Post
12/11/13, 12:46 PM   #213
Re: Central region Lightning / Mini sprint meeting
Cadpro18

My system uses a 2-stage scavenge pump that picks up from a 1/4" plate that replaces the pan. I vent the motor directly to the tank. The tank is an internally vented midget tank (w/-10 fittings). There is no other venting in the system. If the vent line from the motor allows oil to return to the tank without having to make its way to the pump, all the better. The pressure side of the system uses the stock pressure pump, in the stock location, at the same pressure as stock, but is fed by the tank. I use 6qts and the oil temp runs 210 without a cooler, water runs 195.

The benefit of a drysump system is a constant supply on non-aerated oil to the oil pump. Motorcycles have different forces acting in a corner that assist the return of oil to the pan. Drysump systems increase reliability and longevity in a 4-wheel application by allowing the oiling system to perform as it does in a bike.

The builder of my system sees a 1-2 HP increase over a wetsump on the dyno, so there should not be an argument over an unfair advantage.
Last edited by Cadpro18; 12/11/13 at 12:48 PM.