View Single Post
10/30/13, 8:20 PM   #35
Re: Central region Lightning / Mini sprint meeting
jmo8

The old "IROC" idea made for some pretty good racing, and it worked out kinda of strange about the guys winning the races. How could a guy like Steve Kinser beat them NASCAR guys on their own race tracks, he sure did?

Sorry Dad, I didn't recall Kinser having much success in any form of a stock car racing. So I was compelled to do some fact checking. Steve Kinser raced 27 IROC events over a seven year span. He averaged 8.2 out of 12 possible starting positions in that time. He had 3 top fives, which included his ONE and only win at Talladega in 1994, he led 25 of the 38 laps. Sounds to me like he drew right car that day.

Additionally unimpressive, his NASCAR career consisted of 2 DNQ's in 1993 and 5 races in 1995 where he averaged a 35.2 place finish with 2 additional DNQ's.

Now everyone can go back to arguing about weight limits and tires ... just kidding. I commend everyone involved in trying to do what's best for the mini/lightning series to secure future success and growth. Good luck with the meeting, I will be looking forward to hearing the outcome.

1 member likes this post: DAD