View Single Post
10/30/13, 10:18 AM   #34
Re: Central region Lightning / Mini sprint meeting
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickMead#13 View Post
I'm sure its been brought up before but why not just put a horsepower limit out there. Who cares what you do to motor if you are limited to say, 200hp. If in doubt, throw em' on the dyno is what one race series does and it works fairly well. Just a thought.
Dyno's are kidna of expensive. I think AMA does this in their stock class motorcycles. With the AMA Dyno companys fight over the right to furnish the Dyno and usually the company that pays the most to AMA gets the job. Then all the race teams have to go out and buy one of the new Dynos to prep for the next race. That would put the job of winning back in the set up man and drivers hands however.

Did you see where I think "Smoke" had to be dynoed by NASCAR and a nut or something somehow got stuck to the bottom of the throttle peddle and it wouldn't go down all the way.

The old "IROC" idea made for some pretty good racing, and it worked out kinda of strange about the guys winning the races. How could a guy like Steve Kinser beat them NASCAR guys on their own race tracks, he sure did?

You might work out a head swap program. After a racer won so many races they would be required to change heads with another racer in the group with the same type motor. Labor to be payed by the group?

Seven pages 17000 hits and we still can't even resolve a simple tire rule at Bloomington.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 10/30/13 at 10:27 AM.

1 member likes this post: jjones752