View Single Post
1/12/13, 7:57 PM   #8
Re: Eastern Storm to Susquehanna
CRA91

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
When we ran Williams Grove in 1996 the track was WET and fast and very competitive...the rain on Thursday night and into early friday helped a ton. I didn't go to the CRA race at Susky that Lealand won but I remember talking to C. Ray Halls daughter and wife (who were running the t shirt trailer) a few days after and his daughter said "Lealand won and they had it WET and it was great"...hope it will be that way this year.
I was Lealand's crew chief at that time,and the track was in excellent shape,two grooves that were pretty equal and a third groove that only Lealand was running which was basically all four wheels over the cushion.The guy that was putting the race on if I remember correctly was Alan Krietzer who also was running Williams Grove at the time was coming to our hotel daily and asking Lealand what he needed to do to insure a good race,Lealand told him the same thing each day he came by and that was to water,water and water some more and rip the track deep.Lealand told him that if he did that and gave us a good race track that he would personally put on a show that the fans would never forget,and he sure did that,I was a nervous wreck for that main event!!