View Single Post
9/10/12, 1:38 PM   #13
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway-Results from 9/8
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Next year?
The sprint car payout was basically a regular show payout for feature #1, lower than a regular show for features #2 & 3... and we saw the largest car count (55) at any Indiana sprint car track. Obviously the sprint car count was aided by no other track racing sprint cars.

More sprint cars than any night of the Kokomo Smackdown.
That was my first thought when I saw the car count too, Bill. I’ll never question when/where a team runs, I don’t pay the bills. However, sometimes I don’t understand what goes into the decision of when to run.

The Smackdown was a perfect example. The “lower buck” team doesn’t have a huge shot to win it, I get that. However, there was something to shoot for by making the feature that paid 1K to start (with bonus potential too). A lot of “big money” shows only pay big money near the top and it drops off big from there. I understand why the “lower buck” teams stay away from those events. I thought the Smackdown played to the “big” and “small” team so I thought the car count would be a little higher. Again, I don’t pay the bills….and not a *****...just don’t understand why car counts are what they are sometimes.

3 members like this post: Danny Burton, mowerman, Mud Packer