View Single Post
7/20/12, 4:09 PM   #14
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway-USAC Rain Date
D.O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrell854 View Post
That don't seem right when people came and paid there money to watch sprints and mods run for 1500 now that you have thier money it gets changed
How many Mods were there? enough for a heat race so wise choice not to have them. Where was is posted that it paid $1500? by LPS?

I've been around LPS for a lot of years with all the different owners and have seen many rain outs and many nights that should of been a rain out.

Sure they could of worked the track in and it would of been ready after 9:30 at the earliest. The surface would of been greasy and the bottom too wet to use. The berm holds water down there nowdays. So about the last lap of the feature the track might of been ok.

How many of IOW posters would of pizzed and moaned about being at the track until 1 or 2 am with a top only groove????

Joe Spiker did what he thought was best for the fans, as most have a job the next day or a life, including himself and his workers.

Not every person at the track took 2 weeks off for this event. Sure it's not fair to some who scheduled their plane tickets but what if Friday or Saturday would of got rained out??? Reschedule for Sunday I'm sure.

Nobody is happy and nobody wins on a rain out. It's been that way since Henry Ford started racing and won't change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmemmer View Post
are they going to give ya 12 dollars back haha i doubt it ******** finally get a sprint week date and they dont even try. its one thing to make up a race during sprintweek its another to do it after it was suppose to be over on saturday some people probley have flights to catch sunday

Don't even try? LPS could see by the look of the track what was instore for them to do. Standing water around the berm and soaked everywhere else. At least 2 hours of track work to get it ready. That's not a farm behind the track so LPS only had their equipment to work the track not a fleet.

4 members like this post: agar, Dannypollock24, SHORTBUS, speed bump