View Single Post
illinisprintfan (Offline)
  #28 6/25/12 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by CRA91:
When I worked with Lealand McSpadden back in the late 80's and early 90's we were fortunate enough to win quite a few races at Ascot and people started to boo us after a win,we would just chuckle about it and say,well at least they knew we were there and we was taking the money home and they weren't.If people are booing you for something bad that you did on track,that's one thing,but if they are booing you because you are winning a lot you just can't let it get to you as that is part of this game and everyone has the right to express their feelings,good or bad.
I don't care how many races he won, ANYBODY that would boo Lealand McSpadden has levels of ignorance that can't be comprehended by the human mind. He was one of the nicest, most approachable drivers I have ever met. I was a teenager when he raced at Baylands in the late 1980's. I went to the pits to buy one of his shirts and he acted like he was seeing an old friend. He thanked me for coming to the races, signed my ticket and talked racing with me for a while. He was just a great, friendly guy. Needless to say the Tempe Tornado is still my favorite driver to this day.