View Single Post
5/29/12, 9:01 PM   #30
opendirt63

I have been lucky to be around silver crown racing since I was young. My dad has owned a car and we always have run the miles,eldora, and Terre haute. I must admit as younger man 19-26, I was kinda turned off by the miles (long, spread out, usually 1 or 2 car pack. It wasnt till the last few years that I really saw how unique these cars and tracks were. Bottom line the casual fan isn't going to invest the time and effort to gain the respect this series need.

The midgets and silver crown need to be together. I think usac was on to something last year with national drivers champion consisting of 25 best finds in all three divisions. I believe silver crown and midgets both benefited a few cars who would have not joined the party if not for overall big picture. They must implement some form of this soon to help both divisions.

Second of all, silver crown needs the midgets on pavement. The may 19th orp show gives validation that stand alone silver crown pavement shows don't have the pull (unless bobby east wants to flick off the official every show and be moved to the back of the pack to still pass everyone and win like at Milwaukee last year lol)

I never was around but double features at eldora and Terre haute wouldn't hurt and yes with the midgets.

As for the miles, baseball is a sport bases on tradtion and it's ratings ratings have dropped horribly over the years. The 50 lap was awesome from a spectator point of few. Our car normally comes on late in a hundred lap run, but I want the 50 lap red back. All those races were good and the fab experience having those cars stop on the front stretch was amazing.

Pair the midgets with silver crown and make an overall championship that includes both series, more shows at Terre haute and eldora or even other half miles. Bring back the red on the miles. If people want to see tire conservation they can go to NASCAR , oh wait there stands are now empty to

Posted via Mobile Device