View Single Post
5/29/12, 7:57 PM   #27
Re: USAC Silver Crown Series...thoughts?
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus79h View Post
There needs to be more races in order to gain owner interest. If you have a dirt car, you can only run it what, 5 times in the year? Engines aren't cheap, especially in something you can't use anywhere else. Think if they used an ASCS 360 engine, or hell even a 410 motor, you may get some cars back. Put them back on Methanol, and get rid of the corn.

My problem is the price tag to go to the track to watch them, the only time I see them all year is the 4-Crown, because they run with the other classes to make it worth it. I would love to see a triple header at Lawrenceburg, Terre Haute, or any other half mile.
That is my point. There will never be a lot of races, because the dirt miles are limited. The ticket prices are high because the purse is decent. By the time a promoter pays rent etc, there is very little money to be made. One guy is keeping the whole thing going, but you can't expect him to keep doing it when he loses money. If people ever want this to suceed, they better support it now before its gone.

4 members like this post: duel, fish, jim goerge, ronmil