View Single Post
7/2/11, 2:06 AM   #1
Night #1 of powri/Badger at Little Belleville
ClaytonYeley

For the midget fans out there I’ll give a little update on how the night came along. First off this was my first trip to Belle-Clair and it was a good one. The track prep was very nice as they cut the clay multiple times. Cutting the slick off is always worth the wait imo. The cushion was about as big as the one you will see at Haubstadt. The track slicked off a little in the A but what can you expect when there is about 50 midgets and close to that number in minis. Another pat on the back needs to go to powri because they move the show along pretty quickly. This looked like a very hard race to make because of the number of cars. Some may have heard that the race came down to the last lap as Knepper passed Felker for the lead. Looked like Felker had them covered but a late race yellow caused the field to bunch up. Kuhn finished 3rd and he came from deep. Hud Cone had his midget running (2nd in his heat) but started deep in the A. Loyet ran into tire problems early. There was a lot of action today and looking for more tomorrow. If anyone out there is looking for something to do I would recommend heading towards St. Louis for night #2.

3 members like this post: dirtball, jim goerge, Jimmydiesel