View Single Post
3/22/11, 9:40 PM   #8
Re: Little 500 tire rules

I don’t think Chris was concerned about the tire manufacturer as he was the fact that you have to buy your tires at the track (Chris, correct me if I’m wrong). The way I read the entry was that you even had to buy your practice tires at the track.
I have no problem with the American Racer tire (but I will say it’s been a long time ago that Eric won on them and I think he could win that race with two roller skates and a stick!), but I probably wouldn’t use them that weekend given a choice. I’d run the Hoosiers because that’s what HOSS uses. But I’d like to know what compounds they will be selling as well as the price.
As someone who has failed to make the race more then I’ve made it, I could at least count on using up my tires from that week at the upcoming HOSS races. But if they use the Hoosier compounds that USAC uses, those tires are no good for me after that weekend. Remember HOSS and AVSS both use a different compound tire on all four corners then USAC.
I’m sure Anderson Speedway won’t be gouging their racers with extravagant pricing on their tires. They are way too classy of a group for that. But it would still be nice to know the compounds.

Tom Paterson