View Single Post
10/28/10, 6:24 PM   #33
Re: USAC Sets RPM Limits For Midgets
gio_momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontana180 View Post
Can anyone say traction control ??
I'm sure that anyone can "say" it, but it's not going to happen with the Esslinger deal. It's already possible (and pretty easy, BTW) with any of the programmable MSD boxes. The Electromotive box that Esslinger is using (Tec-S) doesn't have the provision to switch anything on the fly (like the MSD does...lol). Seriously...the short course guys have been doing it for a LONG time.

The Esslinger EFI engine is going to be a sealed box AND you can't modify anything on any TEC unit (or even view the settings) without a copy of the .bin file in your possession. Been that way forever with Electromotive.

That and I understand (I have some pretty good contacts) that the serial plug is also going to be deleted (so good luck even communicating with it at all)...and that the sanctioning bodies are going to have their own ECUs for tech purposes. Potential cheater? "Here's your box".

Not to mention that it's essentially the same equipment that the USAC and NEMA Focus midgets have been running for years. It's the same ignition box -- the "XDi" -- only with injector outputs added.

Have they had problems with traction control?

sign me,

Electromotive Enthusiast