View Single Post
11/24/07, 12:33 AM   #18
Re: Turkey Night has gone cold and bitter
aXe

I saw My first midget race in 1958, From then on I have heard from various sources year in and year out!!!, The big money guys ruin it, Its follow the leader. The fans are a bunch of cheese and cracker eaters. on and on over the years, You just have to tune the complainers out and hope they move on to something they enjoy more. As they seem very unhappy being at what they are complaining so much about about!
Every year I see some very good racing ever since that first one back in 58. Sure there are some stinkers and most of those imho are on the dirt, When it gets so dusty you cant hardly see them, or so dry and slick traction is just not there for any passing attempts! Sprinter shows are the worst at this. Not that the pavment doesnt throw up a stinker ever once in awhile also! But I still go. I dont get to go often enough but Every chance I get you will find me at the RACES. I am mostly a Midget fan but any races all are good most of the time.
You dont have any idea how many clubs and Tracks I have witnessed fall by the way side mainly because of complainers!!! Whats the old saying, Watch out for what you wish you just might get it!! Prime example San Jose speedway, A bunch of unhappy people thought they could do it better, The first round in the mid fifties was outlasted by that speedway. The second round brought about the shuttering of that great track and a few years later there is now "NO" racing in San Jose area at all!
aXe