View Single Post
2/14/10, 6:43 AM   #9
Re: Drive shaft... Spring or No Spring
9racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Fast View Post
Well, let me see here. We ran 12 shows with the stiff spring in and the drive shaft was cut to the proper length. The car would never work once the track slicked off. We tried our standard adjustments and many other things to try and get the thing to hook up. We checked the drive line for length again and while doing so replaced the stiff spring with a softer one. Just stiff enough to keep the drive shaft pushed back into the rear coupler. After that switch the car would work on heavy or dry slick tracks and our standard adjustments actually made a difference.

If you think the stiff spring wasn't the problem then more power to you. I believe it did make the difference and will never run the stiff spring again.

BTW, Scott and I are good friends and have talked about this at great length.

I re read my post.. So i figured i would add a part.. 1 being, it came off rude, and that was not my intention.. I was simply stating that when i cut my drive shaft, if i wasnt 110 percent sure that it was correct then i would call someone who knew Exactly what needed to be done.. Now with that said.. If i hadnt done that.. I would work on shocks, spacing and set up period.. and the "other" possible chassis adjustments.. Just felt it was odd the way said that.. Sry for the confusion