IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Chili Bowl On Speed (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=42127)

Red Hat 1/20/11 6:50 PM

Chili Bowl On Speed

2011 Chili Bowl on SpeedTV

The 2011 Chili Bowl will be on SpeedTV on Feb 5 @ 1:00 P.M. Central time for one hour. Enjoy!

apexonephoto 1/20/11 7:24 PM

Re: Chili Bowl On Speed

Glad to see they can cover 5 days of racing in one hour. That way "The Motorsports Authority" won't interrupt Monster Jam or Pinks!

bigmojo5 1/20/11 8:16 PM

At least it is being broadcast.
If enough people watch, maybe they will do two hours next year. Maybe advertisers will step forward. If not, maybe it will not be on at all.

apexonephoto 1/20/11 8:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmojo5 (Post 211187)
If enough people watch, maybe they will do two hours next year. Maybe advertisers will step forward. If not, maybe it will not be on at all.

I know Jim, I usually try not to be too sarcastic on here. I'm not trying to come off as that "some people are never happy" kind of guy. I am glad it's on. I hope to Indycar have some success, and that can pave the way for a return to televised sprint car racing.

watkinsgrady 1/20/11 9:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmojo5 (Post 211187)

bigmojo

I hope everyone will watch, but its pretty sad when 260 cars enter, the place is sold out for 5 days and the best the "Speed" chanel will do is 1 hr. I know its a money thing I just think its sad.

Grady:7:

I Miss Manzy 1/20/11 10:20 PM

Speed TV:
Chili Bowl: 1 hr.
Daytona 500: 2 weeks nonstop.
Go figure!

jim goerge 1/21/11 8:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apexonephoto (Post 211173)
Glad to see they can cover 5 days of racing in one hour. That way "The Motorsports Authority" won't interrupt Monster Jam or Pinks!

Don"t forget the real prize winning show Pimp my ride! What a bunch of losers!!!! Shows like these are just:10:

cmakin 1/21/11 8:48 PM

I noticed on the Speed Report last Sunday that the Chili Bowl got 30 seconds, but the Arena Cross got about 10-15 minutes in at least two segments.

racer58 1/21/11 9:39 PM

Will they show any of the c or b mains? Probably just highlights I guess. On a side note 2 hours of Daytona testing on speed today, what a waste!

SprintRacer4 1/22/11 12:43 AM

The last two years it has been at least a 2 hour broadcast...this years Chili Bowl was probably the most exciting, action packed I have ever been to & they cut it back to an hour broadcast!?!?! Gimme a break!