IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Tony Hulman Classic TONITE @ T (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=123203)

oppweld 5/23/23 11:40 AM

Tony Hulman Classic TONITE @ T

Who's gonna be there?

Charles Nungester 5/23/23 11:53 AM

Re: Tony Hulman Classic TONITE @ T

Im hoping you guys pack the place and the racers support it as well, I'd darn well be there if I could. Mom is weak today and more than a hour even if she's doing ok is beyond reasonable.. Not upset for myself, Im doing the right thing and know it.

If you haven't been, THAT is breathtaking. Keep a eye on the top three and drop back to scan if someone is making strides. It's not uncommon for rear starters to crack well up in the top ten. It's also a long race even if it goes green, Thirty there is like a fifty lapper at your quarter mile tracks..

It's all about driving in deeper and coming off sooner and the elimination of the chassis killer or launcher block walls is great. (Of all things to thank the last promotion group for. Thank them for that)

Have a safe, fun and supportive night.

Jerry Shaw 5/23/23 12:40 PM

I can't wait!

If you're coming in from the east, keep an eye out as you're approaching the first Terre Haute exit (Exit 11). If you see what looks like traffic slowed up ahead, between there and the US 41 exit (Exit 7), don't hesitate jumping off 70 and either turning left at the first light north of the interstate (Margaret Ave, which runs parallel to I-70) or taking the 641 bypass and approaching the fairgrounds from the south. There is some construction going on west of Exit 7 (US41), between there and the river. Lately, it hasn't been a constant backup there, but when it is, it can take a bit to get from the first Terre Haute exit to the second one.

Jerry

azsprintfan1 5/23/23 1:14 PM

I hope the place is packed as well! I have visited Terre Haute three times living in Az. Love that place. I would be there except I have a stupid job in Az and only get so much time off! I'll be tuned into Flo listening to the great Pat Sullivan. #imissmanzy

bighd0522 5/23/23 1:36 PM

As of 30 minutes ago it was backed up to exit 11

ronmil 5/23/23 2:01 PM

Leaving Evansville shortly!

Chief Wahoo 5/23/23 3:28 PM

Heading that way soon.

Are we sure they are racing at THAT, there's like zero chance of rain :8::6::23:

openwheelfan1 5/23/23 3:47 PM

Ordinarily, we’d be on the way with a plan for going to all three USAC sprint car races this week, but…we have something going on this weekend that we HAVE to get prepared for. Hoping and praying for safe races and huge crowds at all three, but esp. at Terre Haute. Hope y’all enjoy yourselves!

JMA1181 5/23/23 3:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 564725)
Thirty there is like a fifty lapper at your quarter mile tracks..

I’d like to cast my vote for quote of the day on this one. A 30 lap race at a 1/2 mile track is like a 50 lap race at a 1/4 mile track? Are you using that new math they are teaching these days Chuck?

Charles Nungester 5/23/23 4:12 PM

No, Im talking time wise. It last longer. Not your eight minute feature.