IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Corn Belt Nationals (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=117503)

axman897 7/1/21 9:36 AM

Corn Belt Nationals

Looks like I got the "go ahead" from the wife to head out to Knoxville for the Corn Belt Nationals. This will be my first trip to Knoxville. For seating, how high do we need to sit to not be obstructed by haulers? Should we buy tickets in advance? Any other suggestions?

Andrew S. Quinn 7/1/21 9:55 AM

Re: Corn Belt Nationals

I always liked sitting about row 30 I think it was,a couple rows from where the pitch of the grandstands is steeper than the lower rows. Less peoples heads you have to try and look over.

If I were going, I'd just walk up and buy a ticket. Theres plenty of seating

jjones752 7/1/21 9:56 AM

I went 2 years ago, sat about halfway up and had no issues with obstructed views. there is ample seating as the infrastructure is set up for the Knoxville Nationals, so unfortunately it won't be anywhere near a sellout.
I would make sure to pencil in some time to hit the NSCHoF Museum, definitely worth visiting. And Dingus.

BrentTFunk 7/1/21 10:07 AM

I have a room for that night, and I can't go. It is an older motel, nothing fancy, but within walking distance of everything. have always treated me right. Send a PM if interested. Take in the hall of fame, and Dingus. Adds to the experience

Dirtfan 7/1/21 3:01 PM

We won't be making the trip this year,like others have said,plenty of seating,the Musuem is a must.
The Rib Shack by the musuem is very good.The pork nachos from CFC are yummy.I'd probably better mention the Kone Korner too.🏁🏁

dsc1600 7/1/21 4:41 PM

I think you should be fine with any row in the 20s or above. Also, the sections farther away from the start finish line won’t fill up as much as the ones closest.

BrentTFunk 7/1/21 4:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtfan (Post 541497)
We won't be making the trip this year,like others have said,plenty of seating,the Musuem is a must.
The Rib Shack by the musuem is very good.The pork nachos from CFC are yummy.I'd probably better mention the Kone Korner too.🏁🏁

The Rib Shack is REAL good. So is the pizza place just south of the Dingus. We had a blast the last 2 years. Peace Tree Brewing is cool too.

sw1911 7/1/21 5:21 PM

The entire grandstands are elevated so even the lower seats aren't what you may
think.

dkdorkboy 7/1/21 6:08 PM

Mr. C's right by the track for a tenderloin or breakfast.

wildman92 7/1/21 6:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtfan (Post 541497)
I'd probably better mention the Kone Korner too.🏁🏁

Ummmm yeah. Kone Korner is the best. 🍦👍🏻