Indiana Open Wheel
Page 3 of 4

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Usac: Lawrenceburg’s usac sprint schedule moved up 2 hours o (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=119888)

cowboyhar69 4/1/22 2:04 PM

Originally Posted by cletust2:
Where is that posted at?

USAC post on here at 12 noon.

Chief Wahoo 4/1/22 5:43 PM

Re: Usac: Lawrenceburg’s usac sprint schedule moved up 2 hou

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Ethan Emery
FOX19 NOW Meteorologist

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - Look for a light mix of rain and snow early Friday morning, before clouds break away during afternoon.

Air temperatures will remain warmer than freezing and after the high temperature of 80º Wednesday the ground is warm so roads will be only wet.

Daytime highs on Friday will reach into the upper 40s.

Cooler weather will dominate through the weekend, but temperatures will be close to normal levels for this time of year, in the mid to upper 50s.

Saturday brings the chance of a few light showers during evening and overnight and a few more showers are possible Monday.

55 degrees at moved up start time. No rain in forecast. USAC punted this one due to the poor turnout that was going to happen.

BrentTFunk 4/1/22 5:55 PM

Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo:
55 degrees at moved up start time. No rain in forecast. USAC punted this one due to the poor turnout that was going to happen.

Always the conspiracy theories. USAC would not have cancelled without input from the promoter. Tough weather to draw a big crowd. I hope all this drama doesn't hurt the tracks that are stepping up to pay more money. 4 $10,000 races in May alone. Not Kings Royal or Knoxville National money, but more than ever before. Remember the tracks put up the money not the sanctioning bodies. The more cars and fans that show up, the more they can pay. Maybe some guys like to run for $1,500 to win. To each their own.

itsanonwingthing 4/1/22 6:32 PM

Florence Speedway
The races for Saturday April 2nd are cancelled. With a forecast calling for cool temps, cloudy skies, windy conditions and a possibility of showers in the area, speedway officials feel a cancellation is best at this time. This, combined with high fuel prices making drivers hesitant to make long trips with a questionable forecast and live streaming of races keeping fans at home when weather isn’t good, has led us to believe the chances of this event being successful are too low to be worth the risk.

chrismattlin 4/1/22 6:39 PM

Originally Posted by :
live streaming of races keeping fans at home

If Florence truly believes that, then why allow live streaming at all? Seems silly.

Charles Nungester 4/1/22 6:43 PM

Originally Posted by chrismattlin:
If Florence truly believes that, then why allow live streaming at all? Seems silly.

It said "If the weather is iffy"

I believe this race at Florence had twelve cars for five grand last year and the spring fifty only about 18.

But this is a track that for regular shows always had great crowds. It was down last two times I was there. One time significantly on the fan turnout side.

captrat 4/1/22 8:14 PM

I left the track at 1500 hours, temperature 42 degrees. As we say in sailing: weather predicting is still an inexact science (better than the past), but nothing beats stepping upon deck to check the local reality.

chrismattlin 4/1/22 8:26 PM

Originally Posted by captrat:
I left the track at 1500 hours, temperature 42 degrees. As we say in sailing: weather predicting is still an inexact science (better than the past), but nothing beats stepping upon deck to check the local reality.

Dang, buddy, you just missed it being 80 degrees on Wednesday. Welcome back to the midwest! :3:

Chief Wahoo 4/2/22 4:37 AM

Originally Posted by captrat:

Race wasn’t scheduled for last night. Tonight is supposed to be better. We shall see

captrat 4/2/22 9:55 AM

Race wasn’t scheduled for last night. Tonight is supposed to be better. We shall see

Understand, my post was only about the conditions at that time. However given the general conditions I wonder how many spectators would actually attend given the weather, Flo, and the March Madness. A promotor needs the casual fan, we diehards alone are not enough to make it financially viable.