IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Interesting development (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=125095)

flagboy55 2/12/24 1:59 PM

Interesting development

So I wonder what’s behind the decision for USAC to be shown on Dirtvision as well as Flo tonight from Volusia? Do Flo give permission to DV to broadcast their content? Will Flo be able to show the Late Model portion of the program? Is there finally going to be some cooperation between the two for events like “Let’s Race Two”? Food for thought

Charles Nungester 2/12/24 2:06 PM

Re: Interesting development

maybe flo is buying dirtvision.

nodramazone20 2/12/24 2:14 PM

Justin Fiedler had a show about this...Yes, it did sound like some cooperation was happening between the 2 services....Not sure I read anything else into this....other than DIRT Late Models are not BIG TIME like the other WRG properties....IMO

Charles Nungester 2/12/24 2:45 PM

My guess is to pull some interest away from HL
A Non Wing Sprint with the best of the best and Super Lates is a damn good show.

Chief Wahoo 2/12/24 3:41 PM

Heard announcers say last week that the LM portion will not be on Flo. You can watch both divisions on DV, but only the USAC portion on Flo.

Vookie 2/12/24 3:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 572206)
My guess is to pull some interest away from HL
A Non Wing Sprint with the best of the best and Super Lates is a damn good show.

On October 6, 2023, Richie posted on this forum that the USAC races at Volusia would be on Flo. That is almost two months before the High Limit schedule was announced. Since HL and USAC are both on Flo it really doesn't affect Dirtvision that much.

You are correct that the USAC and Dirt late models will be a good show.

Charles Nungester 2/12/24 5:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo (Post 572207)
Heard announcers say last week that the LM portion will not be on Flo. You can watch both divisions on DV, but only the USAC portion on Flo.

Well if WRG doesn't want to showcase their product to other potential customers. I'll stick with Flo.

cmakin 2/12/24 7:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vookie (Post 572208)
On October 6, 2023, Richie posted on this forum that the USAC races at Volusia would be on Flo. That is almost two months before the High Limit schedule was announced. Since HL and USAC are both on Flo it really doesn't affect Dirtvision that much.

You are correct that the USAC and Dirt late models will be a good show.

I remember in the early 200s when USAC and Dirt Late Models were at Eldora the evening of the Indy 500, and I could just make it in time to watch if I hustled. . . .

Charles Nungester 2/12/24 7:52 PM

I remember the Johnny Appleseed running with the four crown and having two fifty lap features to close out the four crown.

flagboy55 2/12/24 7:55 PM

It appears DV still not interested in playing nice while the stench of arrogance wafts from them