IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   We’ll see tomorrow (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=123112)

flagboy55 5/15/23 3:27 PM

We’ll see tomorrow

The High Limit show tomorrow at Wayne County is set to run without a support class with a planned goal of starting the 35 lap feature at 9:00 eastern. With the last post I saw 59 cars expected to be on hand, it will be interesting to see if they can achieve that time frame. If they do, it might be a lesson for other tracks

Stevensville Mike 5/15/23 3:42 PM

Re: We’ll see tomorrow

Provided the track itself presents no problems, I think they will be fine with that.

The Amish fans there can get home early and get some good shut eye. :)

dsc1600 5/15/23 3:53 PM

Depends on how many yellows and reds they have. Hopefully none, but with that many cars there will be some most likely.

I also hope they run 6 heats as opposed to running 4 and having a non-qualifiers race.

Jonr 5/15/23 3:59 PM

They have already posted that they are going to have a non-qualifiers race.

Dale 5/15/23 4:06 PM

Kinda makes you wonder how much of the purse the back gate pays with that many cars.

dsc1600 5/15/23 4:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonr (Post 564481)
They have already posted that they are going to have a non-qualifiers race.

I think they’ve made an error in following the WoO format pretty much without exception, this would be a good break from that.

Charles Nungester 5/15/23 4:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale (Post 564482)
Kinda makes you wonder how much of the purse the back gate pays with that many cars.

Doesn't make a real dent in that purse. I doubt that both gates combined cover it.

reeserx 5/15/23 7:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagboy55 (Post 564476)
The High Limit show tomorrow at Wayne County is set to run without a support class with a planned goal of starting the 35 lap feature at 9:00 eastern. With the last post I saw 59 cars expected to be on hand, it will be interesting to see if they can achieve that time frame. If they do, it might be a lesson for other tracks

This is no way an angry response or an argumentative response, but what if they do go over the time? What’s it hurt? There are 59 sprint cars preregistrated on a Tuesday night, that’s awesome! I don’t understand the hate for high limit, and I’m not saying you are by any means, but just in general, a lot of people wanna hate on em

flagboy55 5/15/23 8:33 PM

I am by no means a hater, quite the opposite in fact. I applaud them for their lofty goals and I hope they come close to pulling it off. Now I understand there’s lots of factors that go into a racing program. It’s just my hope that more race track operators see that a bunch of support classes might actually be a hindrance

reeserx 5/15/23 9:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagboy55 (Post 564492)
I am by no means a hater, quite the opposite in fact. I applaud them for their lofty goals and I hope they come close to pulling it off. Now I understand there’s lots of factors that go into a racing program. It’s just my hope that more race track operators see that a bunch of support classes might actually be a hindrance

Fair enough. I think tracks rely on the support classes for back gate money. I have no clue, just a guess but that’s what I think