IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Terre Haute (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=121987)

wrtracing 11/24/22 11:31 PM

Terre Haute

Has anyone heard if there will be races at The Terre Haute action track this year? I sure hope so!

Charles Nungester 11/25/22 11:35 AM

Re: Terre Haute

My feelings are that under current contract and conditions that last years team doesn't plan to go forward. I mean why would you reschedule your last race at a different track? Shame too, because the ARMCO was a huge improvement. HUGE.

PIT CART 11/25/22 11:57 AM

I hate to ask but what is Armco? They also moved the race to a track that doesn’t let you bring in a bottle of water. From what I remember THAT was mad about coolers being brought in.🤔

nathans1012 11/25/22 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIT CART (Post 559627)
I hate to ask but what is Armco? They also moved the race to a track that doesn’t let you bring in a bottle of water. From what I remember THAT was mad about coolers being brought in.🤔

ARMCO. The new metal guardrails that where put up in the turns

Dale 11/25/22 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIT CART (Post 559627)

The Knoxville-like wall in the turns.

Rpracing1 11/25/22 5:52 PM

Not exactly ARMCO, but it is a loosely used term for guard railings.

Charles Nungester 11/26/22 12:28 AM

Armco was a steel company that was bought by AK Steel Japan. And now owned by Cleveland Cliffs. They are known mostly for coiled steel which is straightened and stamped into everything from guardrail to body panels for cars to refrigerators. I believe somewhere in the fifties and sixties that Nascar nicknamed metal guardrails ARMCO.

BrentTFunk 11/28/22 9:41 AM

I have nothing to base this on, other than gut feeling. I think Terre Haute will be back. There is a multi year contract in place, and this promotional group has way too much invested to just walk away. Now if the fair people can just play nice, maybe they wouldn't go through so many promoters.

JMA1181 11/28/22 9:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentTFunk (Post 559688)
I have nothing to base this on, other than gut feeling. I think Terre Haute will be back. There is a multi year contract in place, and this promotional group has way too much invested to just walk away. Now if the fair people can just play nice, maybe they wouldn't go through so many promoters.

The previous promoter seemed to make it work. I personally would worry more about the loose cannon that’s involved as a promoter now than the fair board. They didn’t sign this contract blindly, none of them. If they did, that’s on them. It’s amazing what some people will do for a title.

Gene Franckowiak 11/28/22 1:06 PM

Who is the "loose cannon" you speak of...have the sack to say it :)