IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Gas City I-69 Speedway - Press Release POSTED.... (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=122377)

nathans1012 1/23/23 5:59 PM

Gas City I-69 Speedway - Press Release POSTED....

Gas City I-69 Speedway - Press Release POSTED....

From the tracks Facebook page.

https://i.imgur.com/E8qHt9A.jpg

Charles Nungester 1/23/23 8:30 PM

Re: Gas City I-69 Speedway - Press Release POSTED....

As I said, a few months back, I expect there only to be two tracks running weekly sprints............. And that was one of em. LPS the other

racefan20 1/23/23 9:38 PM

Bloomington running about 75% of the friday nights, Circle Cty running about 7 friday nights. Only one Friday with no sprints racing between April and the middle of September

snowdrift 1/23/23 10:51 PM

We will see about circle city speedway on Indianapolis news at 6:00 tonight neighborhood around the track complaining about noise on race night How can track be much worse than 465 and 74 that it set right next to

racefan20 1/23/23 11:26 PM

They were complaining almost before the first race there. They didnt help themselves a few times by shooting fireworks at about 10:30. Hopefully they run a quick efficient show and learn to get along with the neighbors.

brown11b 1/24/23 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowdrift (Post 561383)
We will see about circle city speedway on Indianapolis news at 6:00 tonight neighborhood around the track complaining about noise on race night How can track be much worse than 465 and 74 that it set right next to

This was always going to happen, surprised it took this long. From day one the track needed to have a muffler rule and needed to have a curfew on races.

This isn’t a situation of a rural track where a developer came in close by. The residents were there first so the track should have been taking every step they could to show they were being considerate to the neighborhood.

I’m sure the original promoters meant well, but between this and lack of track prep show they were in over their head.

openwheelfan1 1/24/23 12:17 PM

At least Gas City I-69 is going to run some races in 2023. Maybe they can build a team and attract the sponsorship and develop the process that will allow them to get back to weekly racing. If not, a partial schedule is still better than the shuttering of another racetrack

Pancho Stapp 1/24/23 7:54 PM

I really hope things work out for Gas City and that they will be able to resume weekly shows soon. I know for my my pops and quite a few of the old guard they looked forward to their Friday nights at GC. I know one of the supervisors at the shop took half days so he could get his dad there and sit in the pit bleachers. I think of Paul Hazen and all the Friday nights he has spent there it’s going to be strange this summer for sure. We will look forward to the chances we get and hope we get great weather. Hate it has come to this but I understand it is a business and it’s not my money, thank you for not pulling plug entirely.

The55 1/24/23 11:58 PM

Paragon is still weekly, right?

DirtTrackTherapy16J 1/25/23 3:00 PM

Again Nathans1012 thank you for posting this and taking the time to do so. That's for certain the only positive in this. I refuse to pat someone on the back that doesn't deserve it much less say thank you for running a track into the ground in 1 season that someone else worked their tail off and took 4 years to build up. We miss you Jerry, thank you for everything you did.

Will Shunk 1/25/23 5:07 PM

[QUOTE=DirtTrackTherapy16J;561423]I refuse to pat someone on the back that doesn't deserve it much less say thank you for running a track into the ground in 1 season that someone else worked their tail off and took 4 years to build up.

Attending racing @ GC since 1998, I've seen 4000 fans and 400 fans in the stands whether it was Jiggs, Jerry, or Larry. Running a race track is a total crap shoot. That is one reason why EVERYONE on this board is NOT doing it! My Take on 2022.

April 18, 2022 Jerry takes a level up job with Eldora and Jack is now looking for a promoter 10 days before the April 28 test & tune and a few weeks before the May 7 opener. In hindsight, Jack should have shut it down and everyone on this board would have screamed murder. No, he seeks Larry Boos who already has The Rumble, Winchester Speedway, and stepped up for Harold to run Montpelier Speedway. Larry inherits a schedule, events, and a staff not of his choosing. The ultimate substitute teacher gig, walk in cold and make it happen.

Larry now adds a 20 event schedule to his plate. Why, I don't know. Maybe because he did it for the teams, drivers, employees, and fans. He rallies the troops together and WE get to see racing at Gas City in 2022. THANK YOU! I had 14 penciled in on my schedule but rain, threat of rain, and illness limited me from venturing 320 round trip miles to support GC on 7 of those 14. Probably rings true for many, as the stands were sparse most Fridays that I could attend. This view was expressed by those around me each week and the fear of what might be lost.

I don't race or work at GC Speedway so I have no knowledge of what was promised by Jerry or Larry to his staff, the teams, etc. for 2022. What I do know is that Larry Boos has been involved in successful promotion of tracks and series for DECADES at a variety of different levels of responsibility.

I am sad if people feel like they were denied certain classes of racing action, payouts, points $, purse $, their a$$ wasn't kissed in the same manner as the past, BUT I for one am so very glad that I was able to attend another exciting year of racing action at the Gas City I-69 Speedway in 2022. If GC races, I will see you all in 2023!

yeleyfan76 1/25/23 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J (Post 561423)
Again Nathans1012 thank you for posting this and taking the time to do so. That's for certain the only positive in this. I refuse to pat someone on the back that doesn't deserve it much less say thank you for running a track into the ground in 1 season that someone else worked their tail off and took 4 years to build up. We miss you Jerry, thank you for everything you did.

Spot on. I’d trade for Jerry to come back. I read an essay from another poster about all that was against mister Boos to succeed. If he is as good as the essay made it sound then GC shouldn’t be in the rapid decline last year saw. If for nothing else maybe he should have just did what Jerry was doing. Hopefully for the long run things will turn around. Thank you to Jerry for what you were doing at Gas City things were progressing in a good way. Again hoping for positive things in 2023.

DirtTrackTherapy16J 1/26/23 12:56 AM

The irony of this is some of the same people that sit on here and talk about we need more crowds, bigger crowds, new fans, younger crowds/fans, new generations to attend races and continue the sport we all love so we dont lose it...yet sit there and pat a person on the back and say thank you for running a track into the ground in 1 single season???

I wont sit and bad mouth the person(s), call them names, none of that immature garbage. I got my own problems, noone is perfect. HOWEVER, NOONE made anyone take the job. They took it on their own and failed miserably in so many ways. Such a great promoter and promotional team, veteran(s) at the business, yet one night the track was so terribly oversaturated that the ruts was like a Motox track on one of the worse drought years in North Central Indiana history. Didnt realize they was overwatering it? The cars regardless of class, was making water splash up out of the ruts. Pat on the back and thank you for that? Atta boy, get em next at bat for that? Nah I dont think so.

So many drivers and teams lost respect and will not return to the track under the current promotional team. Open your eyes for those who cant see it, outside of big shows or sanctioned shows.

Its funny, we had a group of young men sitting in front of us one night...picking our brains, had never been to a track until that night. They was from up around Ft. Wayne. Next night they was at US24. They seen our group. The one kid pipes up and says man these cars are way smaller, way smaller track, but that place last night was a sh*t hole compared to here. Yeah really really sad when beginner fans see it, yet people wanna pat someone on the back and say thank you?

Its extremely sad so many people, including myself looked forward to the end of a work week, every Friday going to GC, seeing good car counts from all classes, good racing, nice family fun atmosphere, destroyed in 1 season. No sorry I refuse to say thank you or give them a pat on the back. Oh and for those who went to a handful of races and knows everything, I went to every race but 3 in 2022, one of which was a monster truck show, the other 2 I had prior commitments to kids in my life. 2021 missed less, 2020 missed less. Dont even try the support the place and track with me bc I did week in and week out!!!!

OnTheHammer 1/26/23 9:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J (Post 561438)
The irony of this is some of the same people that sit on here and talk about we need more crowds, bigger crowds, new fans, younger crowds/fans, new generations to attend races and continue the sport we all love so we dont lose it...yet sit there and pat a person on the back and say thank you for running a track into the ground in 1 single season???

I wont sit and bad mouth the person(s), call them names, none of that immature garbage. I got my own problems, noone is perfect. HOWEVER, NOONE made anyone take the job. They took it on their own and failed miserably in so many ways. Such a great promoter and promotional team, veteran(s) at the business, yet one night the track was so terribly oversaturated that the ruts was like a Motox track on one of the worse drought years in North Central Indiana history. Didnt realize they was overwatering it? The cars regardless of class, was making water splash up out of the ruts. Pat on the back and thank you for that? Atta boy, get em next at bat for that? Nah I dont think so.

So many drivers and teams lost respect and will not return to the track under the current promotional team. Open your eyes for those who cant see it, outside of big shows or sanctioned shows.

Its funny, we had a group of young men sitting in front of us one night...picking our brains, had never been to a track until that night. They was from up around Ft. Wayne. Next night they was at US24. They seen our group. The one kid pipes up and says man these cars are way smaller, way smaller track, but that place last night was a sh*t hole compared to here. Yeah really really sad when beginner fans see it, yet people wanna pat someone on the back and say thank you?

Its extremely sad so many people, including myself looked forward to the end of a work week, every Friday going to GC, seeing good car counts from all classes, good racing, nice family fun atmosphere, destroyed in 1 season. No sorry I refuse to say thank you or give them a pat on the back. Oh and for those who went to a handful of races and knows everything, I went to every race but 3 in 2022, one of which was a monster truck show, the other 2 I had prior commitments to kids in my life. 2021 missed less, 2020 missed less. Dont even try the support the place and track with me bc I did week in and week out!!!!

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Charles Nungester 1/26/23 10:50 AM

Fact: If GC was a money pit one of the three prior promotors would have bought it or kept running it, Instead of taking the first exit ramp.

So a bad night or two is worth trashing people, the track and any future it might have vs. Being bulldozed. Sounds legit to me.

Fact is, there are at least five tracks available for sale or for promotion. Will the GREAT PROMOTER PLEASE STAND UP?

Speedmax3 1/26/23 2:10 PM

I think a great majority of fans & car owners were concerned when Jerry accepted the Eldora position that Gas City might be in jeopordy. He was now on one year contracts to promote Gas City and the Eldora position brought him stability. We all know the track had been closed for a few years after "Jiggs" retired from promoting there and it didn"t work out with the replacement. Jack Himelick would have been willing to sell the track during that time and it's still for sale as I believe Jack is in his mid 80's now. It's definately not a money pit but some consider the asking price steep but that Jack's right to ask his price, so anyone looking to purchase a nice facility here's your opportunity. Jerry approached Jack four years ago about reopening the track under his promotion and brought it back to life and then some. He absolutely showed Gas City can have successful weekly programs under the right leadership. Everyone knows that Jerry couldn't be easily replaced and hoped for the best when Larry took over. In his defense it all happened quickly. There's not a huge pool of promoters out there and I didn't know Larry but heard he was a hard working pretty nice guy. I think we all want Gas City to continue to be open and successful and I hope he's heartfelt in his post to get things better because there were more than one or two nights of terrible track conditions, conflict, and miscommunication was a big issue with race teams. Last year was not a good year and lets clear the slate and hope this years a better one! We all want and need Gas City and don't want lose a great facility!

DirtTrackTherapy16J 1/26/23 5:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 561446)
Fact: If GC was a money pit one of the three prior promotors would have bought it or kept running it, Instead of taking the first exit ramp.

So a bad night or two is worth trashing people, the track and any future it might have vs. Being bulldozed. Sounds legit to me.

Fact is, there are at least five tracks available for sale or for promotion. Will the GREAT PROMOTER PLEASE STAND UP?

Charles if your gonna run your fingers and keyboard at me, you need to look up definitions of words you use. Fact = the truth. Opinion = your thoughts and feelings. Choice = what a person chooses to do.

I never mentioned a name except THANKING JERRY. Speaking of Jerry, he didnt take the first exit ramp as you say, he left for a better position, better job, at arguably the most famous and popular dirt track in America, The Famed Eldora. I'm certain it bettered his life and his families life. Thats not taking the first exit ramp. That's his CHOICE.

Noone made the current promotion team take the job, they CHOSE to. That was their CHOICE. I spoke the truth. It was almost every single night, every single race, outside of USAC races, there was major problems and still currently are and I know this for a FACT from current drivers.

How many times did you go to GC in 2022 Charles??? Gaurandamntee it wasn't all but 3 was it??? I went to all but 3 even as poorly as things were, bc I love it there, we dont have weekly racing, and I SUPPORT THE TRACK!!!! As I said previously I support the heck out of that track regardless of promotion team or type of racing that is going on and I DO NOT LIVE IN GC!!!!

MY CHOICE is to not pat people on the back or say thank you for doing a terrible job and running a track into the ground in 1 season. I could give 200 ***** less what you think about me or my post. Dont hit like, WHO CARES. Get over it man, I have my OPINIONS and CHOICES!!!! FACTS are FACTS. THE TRUTH. Try finding a dictionary when you have time and educating yourself!!!!

Pancho Stapp 1/26/23 5:23 PM

I got a buddy of mine who i work with who will never go back under the management team in place at this time. Chad is a top row guy with his seats riveted into the top row and he is sincere about this subject. There are those who have drawn a line in the sand. The same guy and his group will not even go to Montpelier while Larry is in charge. Everyone has a right to their opinions and hopefully it works out for all involved. The owner, promoter, fan, racer, car owner, city, yada yada yada. I can hear them from my house since i live east of the track, i hope that is a Friday night regularity. For the record i do attend unless i have to get up at 4:30 for my 6 a.m. shift.

Pancho Stapp 1/26/23 5:35 PM

And YeleyFan76 looking forward to seeing you again. You catch some hell on here but you have been a stand up guy each time we cross paths. GC was the place we met, maybe i will see you at IMW if you come back this way for it. If not i will see you at the sprint car shows.

DirtTrackTherapy16J 1/26/23 6:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancho Stapp (Post 561457)
I got a buddy of mine who i work with who will never go back under the management team in place at this time. Chad is a top row guy with his seats riveted into the top row and he is sincere about this subject. There are those who have drawn a line in the sand. The same guy and his group will not even go to Montpelier while Larry is in charge. Everyone has a right to their opinions and hopefully it works out for all involved. The owner, promoter, fan, racer, car owner, city, yada yada yada. I can hear them from my house since i live east of the track, i hope that is a Friday night regularity. For the record i do attend unless i have to get up at 4:30 for my 6 a.m. shift.

Pancho this is my exact point. People have their right to their choice and opinion. So many people on here dont like it when someone doesnt agree with them. When someone sees it differently. I'm like your friends and even your dad that you talked about in an earlier post in this thread. I have a line that I draw and refuse to tell someone good job or thank you or pat on the back or an atta boy for doing such a horrible job in a short period.

I am aggravated, I am upset, it flat out sucks there wont be weekly racing. Again I'm with your friends and family that are upset. I look forward to it. I dont want the track closing, I dont want it or someone to fail. I dont wish bad on people. But in the end I will not say good job or thank you or atta boy or pat on the back if they did or do bad. Some people dont like it and I could care less.

You have always seemed like a good guy on here, your one of them on here that I would like to meet at a race and offer you a drink or some grub. Maybe that will happen this year at a track.

racefan20 1/26/23 6:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J (Post 561455)
Charles if your gonna run your fingers and keyboard at me, you need to look up definitions of words you use. Fact = the truth. Opinion = your thoughts and feelings. Choice = what a person chooses to do.

I never mentioned a name except THANKING JERRY. Speaking of Jerry, he didnt take the first exit ramp as you say, he left for a better position, better job, at arguably the most famous and popular dirt track in America, The Famed Eldora. I'm certain it bettered his life and his families life. Thats not taking the first exit ramp. That's his CHOICE.

Noone made the current promotion team take the job, they CHOSE to. That was their CHOICE. I spoke the truth. It was almost every single night, every single race, outside of USAC races, there was major problems and still currently are and I know this for a FACT from current drivers.

How many times did you go to GC in 2022 Charles??? Gaurandamntee it wasn't all but 3 was it??? I went to all but 3 even as poorly as things were, bc I love it there, we dont have weekly racing, and I SUPPORT THE TRACK!!!! As I said previously I support the heck out of that track regardless of promotion team or type of racing that is going on and I DO NOT LIVE IN GC!!!!

MY CHOICE is to not pat people on the back or say thank you for doing a terrible job and running a track into the ground in 1 season. I could give 200 ***** less what you think about me or my post. Dont hit like, WHO CARES. Get over it man, I have my OPINIONS and CHOICES!!!! FACTS are FACTS. THE TRUTH. Try finding a dictionary when you have time and educating yourself!!!!

I dont have a dog in this fight but I have to point out something. If you are not going to name names from whatever driver(s) you heard what you heard from then its a RUMOR. If you name names and they confirm it then it becomes a FACT. There is a BIG difference.

Charles Nungester 1/26/23 6:12 PM

I got no problem with someone having a opinion, Bad or good. Got no problem with someone mentioning a problem or even many problems they had at a track. Just some. Even when the subject line is, We heard you, We'll try to do better and address each one. Still go on and on about it.

No, I didn't go last year. I only made three tracks.
with weather and a very sick family member. I did go a couple times under Gappens and felt welcome and wanted to come back

All Im saying is weekly non wing sprint car racing is going to be rarer and rarer and that promoters are not lined up waiting to take over.

The same rant does nothing. They heard ya? They don't fix it, Rant away. Either way, GC will probably be gone.

DirtTrackTherapy16J 1/26/23 6:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racefan20 (Post 561461)
I dont have a dog in this fight but I have to point out something. If you are not going to name names from whatever driver(s) you heard what you heard from then its a RUMOR. If you name names and they confirm it then it becomes a FACT. There is a BIG difference.

Hahahahaha lmfao its rumor to you bc I won't reveal what drivers and what teams told me what they told me? No try again, that's personal information that I wont and dont have to share. You will find out sooner or later but it wont be from me. I dont have to give out private information and get your permission to know if it's TRUE or FACTS. That's the most ridiculous thing I have seen or read today.

DirtTrackTherapy16J 1/26/23 6:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 561462)
I got no problem with someone having a opinion, Bad or good. Got no problem with someone mentioning a problem or even many problems they had at a track. Just some. Even when the subject line is, We heard you, We'll try to do better and address each one. Still go on and on about it.

No, I didn't go last year. I only made three tracks.
with weather and a very sick family member. I did go a couple times under Gappens and felt welcome and wanted to come back

All Im saying is weekly non wing sprint car racing is going to be rarer and rarer and that promoters are not lined up waiting to take over.

The same rant does nothing. They heard ya? They don't fix it, Rant away. Either way, GC will probably be gone.

I'm sorry that you or a family member has health concerns and issues. Prayers for you or them to heal and/or get better if possible Charles.

Charles Nungester 1/26/23 7:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J (Post 561465)
I'm sorry that you or a family member has health concerns and issues. Prayers for you or them to heal and/or get better if possible Charles.

Thank you. Lets just say it's a aging issue and nothing is promised. If I can get out. I do, If not. It is what it is. Tell em you love em while you can.

racefan20 1/26/23 8:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J (Post 561464)
Hahahahaha lmfao its rumor to you bc I won't reveille what drivers and what teams told me what they told me? No try again, that's personal information that I wont and dont have to share. You will find out sooner or later but it wont be from me. I dont have to give out private information and get your permission to know if it's TRUE or FACTS. That's the most ridiculous thing I have seen or read today.

It may be FACTS to you but some of us would like some proof before we take your rant as a fact. That you want us to consider your rant as TRUE and FACTS is the most ridiculous thing i've seen in a while. And BTW reveille is the bugle call the military gets to come to formation, I think you meant reveal.

DirtTrackTherapy16J 1/26/23 8:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 561468)
Thank you. Lets just say it's a aging issue and nothing is promised. If I can get out. I do, If not. It is what it is. Tell em you love em while you can.

I completely understand Charles. I lost my Dad 1.6 years ago...nothing has been the same since. You live once, enjoy who and what, while you can. Regardless how much we may disagree on a topic, I would never wish you bad, harm, or unwell. Hang in there, head up, stay positive.

DirtTrackTherapy16J 1/26/23 8:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racefan20 (Post 561469)
It may be FACTS to you but some of us would like some proof before we take your rant as a fact. That you want us to consider your rant as TRUE and FACTS is the most ridiculous thing i've seen in a while. And BTW reveille is the bugle call the military gets to come to formation, I think you meant reveal.

Okay so on the misspelling, my bad, my fault, I'm sorry. I used auto spelling and that's what came up. I changed it, thank you for correcting me. Now with that said...#1 it's not a rant. I'm speaking the truth and how I feel, that's not a rant to me. A rant is complaining for no reason. There isnt a person on here in my opinion that likes GC not running as much as normal. I simply stated long ago, 2 pages ago I will not pat a person on the back or say thank you or give them an atta boy, for failing. Thats NOT a rant. Next thing and even more important then the rant issue, I've said it 200 times on here...I DONT GIVE A **** WHAT ANYONE ON HERE THINKS OF WHAT I SAY, ESPECIALLY MY THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS!!!! I DONT NEED YOU OR ANYONE ELSE'S APPROVAL OR PERMISSION OF MY THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS!!!! If an administrator doesnt like it, remove it, ban me, WHO GIVES A ****!!!! ITS SOCIAL MEDIA FOR OPEN WHEEL RACING!!!!

yeleyfan76 1/26/23 9:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J (Post 561455)

Spot on all of the way through. May I refer to this post in future threads? Again thank you to Jerry.

yeleyfan76 1/26/23 9:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancho Stapp (Post 561458)
And YeleyFan76 looking forward to seeing you again. You catch some hell on here but you have been a stand up guy each time we cross paths. GC was the place we met, maybe i will see you at IMW if you come back this way for it. If not i will see you at the sprint car shows.

I look forward to catching up with you this season as well. I don’t do IMW but definitely ISW along with multiple other wknds. Enjoy the best racing in the country as often as you can.

captrat 1/29/23 1:01 PM

Apparently some contributors believe the there is a direct relationship between the validity of their post and how loud and offensive they are.

Tk04 1/29/23 9:39 PM

Gas city is going to run some races this year. I've put a lot of time into working there..just about every friday night since 2003 and have been attending since they re opened. I've worked for different promoters through the years there. Some great years and some not so much. Say what you want but Larry Boos picked that track up last year otherwise it would have been dark. The weekly show is dying out. Running a race track isn't as easy as some may think, but there is effort to keep it open another year. Jerry brought gas city back and put it back on the map which it deserved to be. I hear so much on how bad the grand stands are etc, but the fact is most of the races are exciting..and the last weekend last season was great. Dirtracktherapy16 or whatever your screen name is you don't have to pat Larry on the back or you can think whatever you may want, but at the end of the day the tracks going to open another year, and for that I'm thankful.

Tk

Tk04 1/29/23 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J (Post 561471)
Okay so on the misspelling, my bad, my fault, I'm sorry. I used auto spelling and that's what came up. I changed it, thank you for correcting me. Now with that said...#1 it's not a rant. I'm speaking the truth and how I feel, that's not a rant to me. A rant is complaining for no reason. There isnt a person on here in my opinion that likes GC not running as much as normal. I simply stated long ago, 2 pages ago I will not pat a person on the back or say thank you or give them an atta boy, for failing. Thats NOT a rant. Next thing and even more important then the rant issue, I've said it 200 times on here...I DONT GIVE A **** WHAT ANYONE ON HERE THINKS OF WHAT I SAY, ESPECIALLY MY THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS!!!! I DONT NEED YOU OR ANYONE ELSE'S APPROVAL OR PERMISSION OF MY THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS!!!! If an administrator doesnt like it, remove it, ban me, WHO GIVES A ****!!!! ITS SOCIAL MEDIA FOR OPEN WHEEL RACING!!!!

Weekly racing is becoming a past tense thing..I spent damn near every friday at gas city, even going after half time at football games when i was in highschool..yea there are things I would change, and my "opinion" was valid as i worked there last year, but car counts and fan count has dwindled and there were some nights when Jerry had it that things were underwhelming to..so I'd like to know where your facts are since you say you were there every race last year and I also put my name on my posts unlike you.

Tk

Stevensville Mike 1/29/23 10:29 PM

I know the highlight of my days going to Gas City was quite a few years back. I was walking up to the ticket booth from the parking lot and some guy stopped me and started talking to me. He mistook me for some guy he knew from Pennsylvania.

After a bit of back and forth he realized his mistake. We kept talking though, laughed and exchanged names.

BRENT T. FUNK !

BrentTFunk 1/30/23 4:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike (Post 561542)
I know the highlight of my days going to Gas City was quite a few years back. I was walking up to the ticket booth from the parking lot and some guy stopped me and started talking to me. He mistook me for some guy he knew from Pennsylvania.

After a bit of back and forth he realized his mistake. We kept talking though, laughed and exchanged names.

BRENT T. FUNK !

I remember that too. I did not go to every race at Gas City last year. I don't go to many races with more than 3 classes. The nights that I went, the track was good. The place was clean and the staff was friendly. Heck they even went above and beyond honoring rainchecks after Midget Week rained out after the heats. Most would have considered it a complete program.

Pancho Stapp 1/30/23 4:19 PM

I used my rainout IMW ticket for the James Dean Classic and was quite happy they did.

Speedmax3 2/19/23 3:58 PM

Still crickets coming from Gas City on a schedule.

DirtTrackTherapy16J 2/20/23 1:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedmax3 (Post 562175)
Still crickets coming from Gas City on a schedule.

Speedmax3 you seem surprised lmfao!! Of course its crickets and will continue to be as noone including teams and drivers, let alone fans are being responded to. That's all I'm allowed to say on here lmfao.