IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Salem ??? (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=80620)

Joey Woods 10/4/14 3:54 PM

Salem ???

Anybody there have a car count on sprints yet? We're wanting to head that way but could use a little info to sway the scale...

quicktime3 10/4/14 4:44 PM

team3521 10/4/14 5:54 PM

I just read JoJo Helberg drove out here all the way from California to race this race and hurt his engine in his primary car. He brought a back up car and is getting it ready to qualify. Should be interesting watching him. He'll be down a 100 HP to most of the field now. But that boy can absolutely wheel a race car no matter what he's got.
Someone there please post the happenings!? Please!?

Joey Woods 10/4/14 7:21 PM

I can't hear the PA so here's what I know from heat 1
Aaron Pierce wins over #50 side by side at the line

Heat 2 on track now
Troy Decaire wins heat 2 by a big margin. I have no idea who else was racing.

Jerry Carrier spun in practice and tagged both walls coming off 4 and was done for the night.

treecitytornado 10/4/14 7:23 PM

Aaron Pierce?

Joey Woods 10/4/14 7:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treecitytornado (Post 394436)
Aaron Pierce?

Yea, my bad. I suck at updates and my thumb is numb to boot.

Joey Woods 10/4/14 7:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by team3521 (Post 394429)
I just read JoJo Helberg drove out here all the way from California to race this race and hurt his engine in his primary car. He brought a back up car and is getting it ready to qualify. Should be interesting watching him. He'll be down a 100 HP to most of the field now. But that boy can absolutely wheel a race car no matter what he's got.
Someone there please post the happenings!? Please!?

I am not familiar wigh these guys at all. I know Gerster is here also but I don't know which car. Which car is Helberg in?

richie 10/4/14 8:15 PM

1st Heat:
1. 26 Aaron Pierce
2. 50m Brian Gerster
3. 7 Jojo Helberg
4. 88 Jimmy McCune
5. 14c Anthony McCune
6. 10 Ron Koehler

2nd Heat:
1. 22a Troy DeCaire
2. 81 Davey Hamilton Jr.
3. 6 Kevin Blue
4. 23 Cody Hoover
5. 43 Sam Davis
6. 0 Jerry Caryer
7. 1 Davey Hamilton

Did not start:
75c Jerry Caryer

richie 10/4/14 9:31 PM

Great race! Gerster wins over Helberg, Pierce, and Hamilton, Jr.

DeCaire led the first half of the race until he made heavy contact with a lapped car.

Joey Woods 10/4/14 9:34 PM

Decaire up to the lead from 6th on lap one and pulls away, Gerster reeled him back in. Caution for Decaire who was leading and tangled with a lapper. Gersters motor is cutting out. Prior to that it was a great race between Decaire and Gerster swapping the lead a few times. Helberg had moved into second and will lead them back to green. Gerster and Helberg swapping passes. Gerster wins! I LOVED IT. Exciting racing for the lead the entire race.

Gerster, Helberg, Pierce.