IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Morty.... Rest in peace... (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=71657)

Andrew S. Quinn 8/24/13 6:49 PM

Morty.... Rest in peace...

Our friend Morty passed away earlier this afternoon.

I'll miss his funny stories,I'll miss his gravely voice, I'll miss his laugh, and most of all I'll miss calling him a friend

Posted via Mobile Device

midgy 8/24/13 6:54 PM

Re: Morty.... Rest in peace...

May he RIP.

Posted via Mobile Device

sprntr 8/24/13 6:56 PM

He'll ALWAYS be your friend. Someday you'll meet on the other side.

Rest in Peace Morty!

steiny
:32:

nowingsjeff 8/24/13 7:14 PM

First time I met Morty was back in the early to mid 90's at Terre Haute in the infield during warm-ups. My wife Cindy had a Tony Elliot t-shirt on and he came up to me an introduced himself to us as a big Tony Elliot fan. He acted like he knew us his whole life. It was really cool. Seen him many times after that over the years and it was always the same friendliness he displayed the first time we met. Really a cool dude and class act. Hard to believe he's gone. I'd assume he's already up there trading racing stories with Jack Kraemer and Crazy Darryl from Arizona.

R.I.P. my friend.:22:

PJ Wright 8/24/13 7:16 PM

Every time I've come to IOW for the last couple of weeks, I've held my breath while I scanned the topics, hopeful that I wouldn't see this thread. My heart goes out to all his family and friends.
Chief: Enjoy watching tonight's race completely at peace and free from pain.

Vukie 8/24/13 7:27 PM

Rest in Peace Morty, I will miss you at the races.

My thoughts are with Drew and Debbie.

Pine 8/24/13 7:33 PM

I write this with a heavy heart and sick in the stomach. Rest easy my ol' race friend. Although our paths didn't cross often enough, when they did it was alot of fun and alot of laughs. You will be missed by many. Thinking of Debbie and Drew. Signed: Karen, Emily and Scott

Posted via Mobile Device

RobRich 8/24/13 7:36 PM

Andrew, I just sent you a PM.

Robert Richards.
robert@conceptauto.com.au

Posted via Mobile Device

IndyBound 8/24/13 7:42 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with Debbie and Drew as well as Randy's good friend Andrew and the rest of his racing pals.

RIP Morty!

Patti

cowboyhar69 8/24/13 7:46 PM

Very sorry to read this...I first met Morty at Terre Haute in the infield in the early 90's when I was selling Speed Sport. He always went out of his way to come over and say hi and talk for a bit.