Indiana Open Wheel
Page 2 of 2

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   KOKOMO (IN) - Kokomo Klash info posted. (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=118477)

Stevensville Mike 10/15/21 2:58 PM

Re: KOKOMO (IN) - Kokomo Klash info posted.

Originally Posted by racefan20:
I may be blind but I dont see start times for the rescheduled dates

Here you go, Moe:

Saturday will feature Sprint Cars, USAC Regional Midgets, Racesaver Sprints & Thunder Cars.

Sat. 10/16:
Pit Gate opens at 3PM
Grandstands open at 4PM
Draw closes/Drivers meeting at 5:30PM
Group qualifying at 6PM, racing to follow

Day 2 will be LM, Mods, Sportsman, Street Stock & Hornets.

Sun. 10/17:
Pit Gates opens at 9AM
Grandstands open at 12PM
Draw closes at 12PM
Drivers meeting at 12:30PM
Group qualifying at 1PM, racing to follow.

http://www.kokomospeedway.net/news/?i=97629

Justigit 10/16/21 6:40 AM

Racing today !!!

Bear10 10/16/21 7:46 AM

No! That is today’s program is postponed until tomorrow . The schedule has been moved from last night until tonight. If you click on the postponed it’s the late model portion . Which IS postponed until tomorrow ! Sprint cars are today!

Justigit 10/16/21 12:00 PM

Lets go racing !!!

Russ 10/16/21 9:23 PM

It's been a while since I've seen the Don Moore #10 midget. Good to see him at Kokomo with driver Chett Gehrke.

LUCKYONE 10/16/21 9:38 PM

Any updates please

hoosierboy3 10/16/21 10:39 PM

Hope everything is ok right now. Very long red in the non wing B

nathans1012 10/16/21 11:47 PM

Lap 14 - Top 2:8:
CJ Leary
Clinton Boyles

nathans1012 10/16/21 11:59 PM

410 Non-Wing Sprint Car feature
Winner
CJ Leary

Stevensville Mike 10/18/21 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
S Mike,
Can’t wait to hear your Best Race of the Year recap!

:3:

Okay..... here is the recap:

Pulled into the parking lot at Kokomo Speedway somewhere around 1230. Bought my ticket from the county sheriff girl who always carries the sidearm, said "Hi" to Kim the greeter, and then got my seat. Plenty of time to get ready.

Back to the car. Had a beer with flagboy55, and went back in.

At 1333 (1:33 p.m.) the late models came out to run their hot laps and quals.

FF ahead.... I left at 2045 (8:45 p.m.) and was in the car shortly thereafter headed north up US-31 out of the country of Indiana and into the northern territory of Michigan.

That is 7.2 hours. With three features left to run I am SURE Kokomo Speedway outlasted the eight hour GT International Enduro at the Brickyard. We should all get lapel pins for that.

All in all, a great time. Great fans, great food, great weather, great grilling, plenty of sunshine, cheap beer in the parking lot, great action on the track, and the old car started on the way out. The highlight was at the start of the Mod feature when about 100 geese took flight from a wetland off of the back of Turn 3. The announcer noted the flyover. Great way to cap 2021 for me.

The geese eventually circled and settled down way back of Turn 2. They must have wanted to see who was going to take the stock car feature.

Thanks to all who put the show on, raced, sold concessions, and were first responders. As a fan, I pale in comparison to those great folks.

I'll look forward to seeing you all on the other side of the checkers in 2022.

Never a disappointing night at Kokomo Speedway.

Brandon Watson 10/19/21 6:38 AM

Any updates on the driver in the non-wing Bmain?

B99 10/19/21 10:42 AM

I went Saturday, the O'Connor family did a heckuva job getting the whole facility in shape to even be able to run that night.

Having said that it was not the best run show I've ever seen at Kokomo, and I don't blame the promoter. It took forever to get cars on track, they were pushing off midgets and 305's when the 410's should have been headed out group qualifying. There were also two very close incidents in the pushoff area, one when a 305 stalled and the push truck nearly sent the next car into the rear of the stalled car, and then a fool in a thundercar attempted to go on track long after they were done running and stopped, and then backed up in the push off area right as a sprint car was being pushed off.

Like others we left during the extensive red in the B main. I hope that guy was OK, it was a nasty flip.

cmiracingvids 10/19/21 2:11 PM

Originally Posted by B99:
I went Saturday, the O'Connor family did a heckuva job getting the whole facility in shape to even be able to run that night.

Having said that it was not the best run show I've ever seen at Kokomo, and I don't blame the promoter. It took forever to get cars on track, they were pushing off midgets and 305's when the 410's should have been headed out group qualifying. There were also two very close incidents in the pushoff area, one when a 305 stalled and the push truck nearly sent the next car into the rear of the stalled car, and then a fool in a thundercar attempted to go on track long after they were done running and stopped, and then backed up in the push off area right as a sprint car was being pushed off.

Like others we left during the extensive red in the B main. I hope that guy was OK, it was a nasty flip.

It was the worst run show I’ve been to at Kokomo. 11:30 and the sprint main finally started. And it was 43 degrees. Next time I’ll stay home. Track’s need to think about this when they run these “fall finale” shows. A new fan will never come back if that’s what they think a normal show is like. Start early and on time for a multiple class, fall program.
Just my .02

sjracer26 10/19/21 3:14 PM

I completely understand the concerns with a late and cold show. However in their defense, the pits and infield were very swampy so starting any earlier wasn't really an option. And you can't anticipate the number of red flags an event will have, I mean who expected the thunder cars to have a red? Only class without a red all night was the Racesavers. From the track perspective this show is a big money maker with all the pit pass sales alone. So I understand their decision to get the show in. From a fan perspective I agree that when cars are still on track at 1:30am, it's not fun. The rain really caused a lot of the problems Saturday, including the rough track and needing to keep the infield tires way out which hindered the racing action. I applaud Kokomo for sticking with it and for not cutting the laps in any races. The push off issues definitely should be addressed, safety first and all. Personally, I'd rather be up at 1 am racing on a cold Saturday night over the alternatives.

flagboy55 10/20/21 9:36 PM

I’m having a hard time finding anything to be critical of. Those of us who’ve been around for a while and endured plenty end of season extravaganzas, know it can be a tough day/night at the track. What’s the option, season over? Considering the conditions I would say it went about as well as it could have. We didn’t go Saturday but were there Sunday. It was a great day. Started off with beers with my buddy Stevensville Mike, and went well after that. Some people complain about track conditions during a day show but I knew what to expect and gladly trade a great track for hours of chill. All in all Kokomo, as usual didn’t disappoint!

cwfan08 10/21/21 10:14 AM

Just be glad it got in. The grounds were a mess, but the sun and wind did help out. There was no way they could have started earlier because of that. Yes it was a late night and a few unfortunate things happened to extend the night, it's just part of it. I'm thankful the whole weekend got in, because Thursday it looked like they may not get any of it in.

Tk