IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bacon (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=121020)

Huskermudd1 7/29/22 12:03 AM

Bacon

Bacon whines again

opnwhlmnd 7/29/22 12:24 AM

Re: Bacon

Brady using the Balloudozer nickname was a classic. LOL

azsprintfan1 7/29/22 12:24 AM

"The Balloudozer" 🤣🤣

Rich Mersereau 7/29/22 5:04 AM

we all know the rules. But. Everyone on the property and all of us in FLO-land saw Brady Bacon take the lead in fine fashion. why in the HELL does he have to go back to 3rd? :deadhorse:

maybe the scoring tower(s) need a common sense overhaul.

Rich M

kb78 7/29/22 7:28 AM

Every driver has been on the receiving as well as the losing end of the rule to go back to the last completed lap, it has been the same rule forever. Besides, there is no way to score the field midlap, unless you are only trying to worry about the leaders in which case would not be fair to someone who made a pass for 4th or 10th or 16th that lap.

Charles Nungester 7/29/22 8:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kb78 (Post 555575)
Every driver has been on the receiving as well as the losing end of the rule to go back to the last completed lap, it has been the same rule forever. Besides, there is no way to score the field midlap, unless you are only trying to worry about the leaders in which case would not be fair to someone who made a pass for 4th or 10th or 16th that lap.

Not positive, But if they come across the line for the checker. Isn't it Leader plus three across line or something for it to count. Only reason it goes back to lap 28 instead of lap 29 is the two laps to finish rule.

Or am I wrong?

Hubie48 7/29/22 8:41 AM

Felt bad for Brady but it has happened multiple times throughout the years. As they say, "Them's the rules." and then I laughed at his comment as it just ads spice to the show. Bacon is one of THE best.

kb78 7/29/22 8:45 AM

I think once the leader crosses the line at the checkered it’s official, and I believe it’s the leader plus one for any other lap. It doesn’t apply here though because they were on the backstretch coming to the white so it was 28 completed laps that they reverted back to.
But like you, I am not 100% positive.

mc/rider 7/29/22 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huskermudd1 (Post 555564)
Bacon whines again

Please tell us more, this is something I didnt know about the Beast

Pitdad 7/29/22 11:05 AM

I turned off FLO after the checks fell. It was getting late and I didn't feel the need to hear the same victory lane interviews again. I gather from all your comments that Bacon complained in his post race interview about having the pass taken away because of the yellow created when Ballou and KTJ stopped on the track? From what little I could see on FLO (because the battle for the lead was the story, and they did a great job of keeping the action there), I saw Robert stopped over the top of Kevin's nose as Kevin was crossed up in the corner. The story says that Kevin was in 8th and Robert in 10th when it happened. Can someone who was there OBJECTIVELY report on what happened?

And how could Bacon (whom I like and admire) have known that it was all Robert's fault? Just like Grant the other night in his post race speech against Robert, HE COULDN'T HAVE SEEN WHAT HAPPENED, IT WAS BEHIND HIM! That tells me that someone was chirping in his ear when he got out of the car and he made assumptions based on everyone's dislike for Robert's style.

I don't really have a dog in this fight. My kid likes Robert because he's old school, doing it on his own, and still uses an open trailer like we do. I'd just like to know what the whole story is.