IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Xtreme Midget Race Director (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=122006)

NOSTINKINWINGS 11/28/22 1:03 PM

New Xtreme Midget Race Director

Tyler Bachman taking over the Midgets and this in the Press Release>

With Bachman at the helm, the 2023 schedule will focus solely on the Midget Series, rather than spread across to Non-Wing Sprint Cars. Volusia Speedway Park’s DIRTcar Nationals in February will continue to feature premier Non-Wing Sprint Car racing.

chrismattlin 11/28/22 2:03 PM

Re: New Xtreme Midget Race Director

I hope that this coming season for the Xtreme Midgets will be more than simple POWRi co-sanctions that money grab livestreams away from "MAVtv on Flo" and on to $Dirtvision$. It seems that model didn't work too good for the sprint cars. I do wish them good luck, though, in the name of midget-only drivers and teams.

oppweld 11/28/22 2:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrismattlin (Post 559696)
I hope that this coming season for the Xtreme Midgets will be more than simple POWRi co-sanctions that money grab livestreams away from "MAVtv on Flo" and on to $Dirtvision$. It seems that model didn't work too good for the sprint cars. I do wish them good luck, though, in the name of midget-only drivers and teams.

I'm not sure what your saying about the sprints. The Jacksonville IL and Spoon River shows were two of the best races I saw all year.

dsc1600 11/28/22 2:29 PM

It’s a poorly written sentence but it appears Xtreme Outlaw is now just a midget deal. I read something in Area Auto Racing News about that recently.

Charles Nungester 11/28/22 2:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsc1600 (Post 559699)
It’s a poorly written sentence but it appears Xtreme Outlaw is now just a midget deal. I read something in Area Auto Racing News about that recently.

Hence why I posted that Volusia does not list em as xtreme series, Just Non wing sprints.

chrismattlin 11/28/22 3:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oppweld (Post 559698)
I'm not sure what your saying about the sprints. The Jacksonville IL and Spoon River shows were two of the best races I saw all year.

They were, indeed, both very good races. What I'm saying is that, obviously, the business model did not work, hence, neither will return in 2023. World Racing Group (WoO) has decided that Xtreme Sprints was not a good business venture, or they would be returning for another season.

staggerman 11/29/22 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 559701)
Hence why I posted that Volusia does not list em as xtreme series, Just Non wing sprints.

Straight from the Volusia web site

DIRTCAR NATIONALS
February 6, 2023 to February 18, 2023
Volusia Speedway Park
1500 East State Road 40
Barberville, FL

EVENT DESCRIPTION
Kick off the racing season with two full weeks of racing in Florida at the World's Fastest Half-Mile, Volusia Speedway Park!

SERIES RACING
Xtreme Outlaw Sprint Car Series, DIRTcar Late Models

EVENT SCHEDULE
1PM Pit Gates open
5PM Grandstand Gates open
5:15PM Hot Laps/Qualifying
7PM RACING

Latest Schedule
*All times Eastern

Stevensville Mike 11/29/22 10:36 AM

"With Bachman at the helm, the 2023 schedule will focus solely on the Midget Series, rather than spread across to Non-Wing Sprint Cars. Volusia Speedway Park’s DIRTcar Nationals in February will continue to feature premier Non-Wing Sprint Car racing."

That is straight from the Xtreme site. You can read this either way - The "premier" Non-Wing Sprint Car Racing is not attached to Xtreme anymore, OR if you read the paragraph in one context it tells me that Xtreme will focus on midgets only but will still uphold their DIRTcar Nationals dates for the sprints.

A ship-shod press release the way it is worded/explained? A play on words using "Xtreme" and "Premier"? Either way the sprints are on the docket for two nights and someone will be organizing/sanctioning it. More than likely the last time, though - unless USAC steps in down the line.

mc/rider 11/29/22 12:14 PM

Why hasnt USAC raced at Volusia? Ive seen them at Ocala Smyrna and East Bay

racefan20 11/29/22 2:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mc/rider (Post 559726)
Why hasnt USAC raced at Volusia? Ive seen them at Ocala Smyrna and East Bay

Volusia is owned by WRG same company that owns WoO, thats why USAC doesnt race there.