IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Is this the end of THAT? (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=121529)

openwheelfan1 9/20/22 6:31 PM

Is this the end of THAT?

With the relocation of the Terre Haute Sept. 30 race to Kokomo, have we seen the end of racing at the Action Track? I know the attendance at THAT has been disappointing this season and the promotional team has been frustrated, sometimes expressing their frustration on social media.

yeleyfan76 9/20/22 6:38 PM

Re: Is this the end of THAT?

Another attempt to keep the track alive appears doomed. Maybe it isn’t just poor crowds. It might have a lot to do with the fair board. One might ask how much do they really want the track there anymore??? It can’t always be the promoters.

Pancho Stapp 9/20/22 6:43 PM

imo i certainly hope not. If they decided to do this surely they were in for the long haul?? i get it that sometimes hard decisions have to be made but seems way to early to bail out now. Stop the bleeding, regroup and hit 2023 better prepared and move forward. Myself i want all involved to succeed and hope that this is not the end.

ThrowbackRacingTeam 9/20/22 6:55 PM

The fair board was stupid for not renewing with track enterprises. The new promoters have no idea what they’re doing and are looking really unprofessional at this point. Bring back Bob Sargent!!!!

Chief Wahoo 9/20/22 6:57 PM

Was looking forward to THAT on the 30th. Guess I’ll be watching from the recliner. It’s a shame with all the work that’s gone into the facility. Sure hope this isn’t the end!

Hoosiersprinter 9/20/22 7:34 PM

WTH people, relax. Nothing is doomed, we don’t have any valid reason to think this THE END. Let it play out and see what comes next. No need for unnecessary drama just yet. Look at me, negative Nelly telling everyone to think positive😂😂

SoIllSprinter 9/20/22 7:47 PM

When they ousted Bob Sargent and track enterprises, who has kept the dirt miles in Illinois alive and kicking, they made a huge mistake. Shook my head when that happened and I’m afraid that is going to be a day race fans are going to regret.

jdull99 9/20/22 8:13 PM

Shoulda had the Hut 100 a couple weeks ago...lol

(hi-jaking thread, but I was wondering) - Why was it that it was early September a lot (in my memory)? & was it on Friday all the time? Figured to not go against other USAC races; after DuQuoin, etc. Wonder how good attendance was for it thru-out? (Only went a couple times, and attendance was ok-ish but I figured not a big a money maker)

Dirtfan 9/20/22 8:24 PM

When the two new co/promoters were announced,I for one was very happy,even though TEI wanted a 10 year contract that the Fair Board wouldn't do,I thought good these two guys will be fine.
Now I'm not so sure,even with the improvements they made,with more to come with the $5.00 parking charge for track improvements.
Then comes the announcement that the Sept 30th USAC race has been moved."In the interest of fans & teams.
Why didn't the Promoters announce this,instead of using a mouthpiece,did they not have the anatomy to do it themselves?
Interesting what the Vigo Co. Fair Boards thoughts are.

cowboyhar69 9/20/22 9:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdull99 (Post 557801)
Shoulda had the Hut 100 a couple weeks ago...lol

(hi-jaking thread, but I was wondering) - Why was it that it was early September a lot (in my memory)? & was it on Friday all the time? Figured to not go against other USAC races; after DuQuoin, etc. Wonder how good attendance was for it thru-out? (Only went a couple times, and attendance was ok-ish but I figured not a big a money maker)

Used to always be on a Sunday afternoon the day after the Hoosier 100.