IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Aug 2nd Jack Hewitt Classic (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=79078)

WRP DK 7/27/14 2:43 PM

To honor the greatest open wheel driver of our time at Waynesfield Raceway Park. This $3,000 to win and $300 to start show will also include many bonus awards. Thee will be paid heat races (top3), paid fast qualifier, paid hard charger, paid half way leader, and many many more awards to come.

The mods will also be running for $1,000 to win and $100 to start. Also in action will be the mini sprints.

In addition Jack Hewitt will be on hand with his two seater and will be awarding one free ride at the back of the a main to a very lucky fan (no added ticket to buy just your admission).

More details to come soon.

www.waynesfieldracewaypark.net
www.facebook.com/Waynesfield.raceway.park

WRP DK 7/27/14 3:02 PM

Just gotta share a funny Hewitt Video. What a great guy to interview period.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UIuKf2SkmZo

speed bump 7/27/14 3:10 PM

Re: Aug 2nd Jack Hewitt Classic

.........................where ?????????????????????????/

WRP DK 7/27/14 3:14 PM

Sorry and thanks for the heads up. I corrected it.

Austin Scott 7/28/14 8:08 PM

Kevin Thomas Jr. scheduled to make the trip over to WRP!

Charles Nungester 7/28/14 9:53 PM

Bill told me a little secret web trick when trying to imbed a Youtube video on the site. If your logged into a google account like Youtube is. It will pu the S in the HTTP. REMOVE IT if it says https:// Take the S out of the address and it will put the video right in the post instead of just giving a link to it..

Thanks again Bill and RIP.
Link without the S

WRP DK 7/28/14 10:40 PM

Thanks for the tip Chuck

treecitytornado 7/29/14 12:08 PM

Since Jack Hewitt was a loyal supporter of American Racer/McCreary Tires for many years, will this show allow the racers to run them on the fronts and left rear?

on_the_edge 7/29/14 1:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treecitytornado (Post 386002)
Since Jack Hewitt was a loyal supporter of American Racer/McCreary Tires for many years, will this show allow the racers to run them on the fronts and left rear?

What place doesn't allow that? Most all tracks only have a right rear tire rule and can run anything on the other 3 corners. Will you be there JT or just act like your going and not show up?

jjones752 7/29/14 2:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by on_the_edge (Post 386018)
What place doesn't allow that? Most all tracks only have a right rear tire rule and can run anything on the other 3 corners. Will you be there JT or just act like your going and not show up?

WRP 2014 NON-WING SPRINT RULES:
Starting June 1st, 2014 all sprint cars will be required to run a Hoosier Medium right rear tire only. The other three corners of the car will remain Hoosier (any compound).

treecitytornado 7/29/14 3:29 PM

I was considering it, On the Edge. Yes, Waynesfield has been Hoosier only on all 4 corners since 2012. Trying to go where the weather won't hit.

WRP DK 7/29/14 3:43 PM

It's still early in the week but forecast for WRP is m/sunny and hight of 78 for Saturday.

Flatrightrear 7/29/14 7:09 PM

Weather looking great for the $5,000.00 to win MSCS show in Haubstadt Saturday as well.

Charles Nungester 7/29/14 8:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatrightrear (Post 386058)
Weather looking great for the $5,000.00 to win MSCS show in Haubstadt Saturday as well.

Bad form, Start a Haubstadt MSCS thread if you want to advertise it. Quit trying to hijack others hard work.

on_the_edge 7/29/14 9:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjones752 (Post 386021)
WRP 2014 NON-WING SPRINT RULES:
Starting June 1st, 2014 all sprint cars will be required to run a Hoosier Medium right rear tire only. The other three corners of the car will remain Hoosier (any compound).

Wow that's odd for a local track to have a rule like that. Very interesting move by them. Do they have a point fund at the end of the year?

WRP DK 7/29/14 11:03 PM

Yes we do have a point fund. Next season we will adjust the tire rule but can't change it mid season. The Hewitt race is a points race for our local guys too.

Thanks Charles!!

WRP DK 7/30/14 12:16 PM

Remember one lucky fan will win the opportunity to start and run a few laps at the back of the a main with Jack. If you've ever witnessed this it's cool as heck because you get the entire feeling of what it's like to run an a main race. You'll then stand beside Jack in the infield to watch the remainder of the race.

double checkered 7/30/14 12:21 PM

And that chance of a lifetime to start the feature with jack is part of your entry into the race correct? No additional purchase. Every fan through general admission is entered.

PAW 7/30/14 12:29 PM

I'll be coming over from Indy, two friends from Wisconsin coming for the first time

WRP DK 7/30/14 3:30 PM

That is awesome! I hole you enjoy the race.

That's right Double Checkers.... No purchase necessary other than your general admission ticket.

racing2bwithu2 7/30/14 3:42 PM

Gail and I are making the trip over. We hope to meet some IOW people. Were thinking about leaving on Friday and staying in Celina. Hope weather holds up for a great evenin'. Lloyd

mowerman 7/30/14 5:18 PM

We're planning on it too .

WRP DK 7/30/14 8:07 PM

Going to be nice to see you again Lloyd and Gail.

racing2bwithu2 7/30/14 8:14 PM

TY Dan. Were looking forward to coming back and seeing all you nice folks and some great racing.

WRP DK 7/31/14 9:14 AM

As always it will be a fantastic show and if you can't have fun when Jack Hewitt is in the house the check your pulse.

BrentTFunk 7/31/14 4:26 PM

Planning on coming regardless. Just wondering if you know the format for the sprints, and what other classes will be running? I know there was some discussion on different formats and I was hoping to know, just in case I am sitting somewhere where I can't hear the announcer.

WRP DK 7/31/14 4:41 PM

Format will be held as a surprise but I can tell you we are group qualifying.

double checkered 7/31/14 4:48 PM

I can't answer the running order question but I'd assume sprints firsts or second. There are three classes running. Traditional sprints, modifieds, and mini sprints. I know the sprints are group qualifying in their hot lap session with their pill draw heat line up. I am not sure about the other two classes qualifying during hot laps. Jack usually does a few fan rides through out the night. And if you have access to a radio, 91.3 is the FM frequency to listen live. Thanks for supporting WRP and I hope you enjoy the show.

Jeremy

BrentTFunk 7/31/14 5:24 PM

That helps. Thank you. See you Saturday.

fasster23 7/31/14 9:03 PM

Are there going to be Hewitt Classic shirts for sale?

Austin Scott 7/31/14 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by double checkered (Post 386231)
I can't answer the running order question but I'd assume sprints firsts or second. There are three classes running. Traditional sprints, modifieds, and mini sprints. I know the sprints are group qualifying in their hot lap session with their pill draw heat line up. I am not sure about the other two classes qualifying during hot laps. Jack usually does a few fan rides through out the night. And if you have access to a radio, 91.3 is the FM frequency to listen live. Thanks for supporting WRP and I hope you enjoy the show.

Jeremy

If they do the pill draw to lineup heats, what impact will qualifying times have? Thank you

WRP DK 8/1/14 5:41 AM

Pill draw will not be drawn for heat line ups. Pill draw determines what heat race you are in then the line up will be determined by qual time. There will also be a straight up invert of 4. This type of qual is normal in traditional sprint racing.

Sprintcarfanatic 8/1/14 6:33 AM

Unless you are setting out by the woods I think you can hear the announcer now. They turned it up or something.

Is it Saturday yet ?

He might just come out and set by ya too !!! Announcer that is.

WRP DK 8/1/14 9:16 AM

TENTATIVE format will be:

* pill draw for heat race order

* hotlap with your heat race and this is also your qualifying session. 5 laps best time

* $200 BullyDog award for fast time.

* Invert 4 for all heats.

* (This is where it depends on car counts) Top 2 transfer into a dash (8 cars).

* If we only run 4 heats then 3rd and 4th place will also transfer to A-Main but start behind dash.

* If we run 6 heats then top two transfer out of heats into dash (12 cars) and rest will come out of B mains.

* B-Mains will line up straight up based off qualifying times. If more than 40 cars then will be 12 laps. If we run one b main then top 4 transfer. If we run two then top four out of each transfer.

* Winner of the dash has to option of starting the tail for the possible $1163 bonus on top of their win money. They will receive $100 bonus just for taking the challenge and $10 per car passed. If they win then it's $1000 bonus and obviously the $63 hard charger award.

* A Main is 30 laps.

WRP DK 8/1/14 4:15 PM

AMSA mini sprints you will also be included in the larger payouts for the Jack Hewitt Classic. You will be running for $550 to win thanks to Larry at SpeedPartz.com and Aerowingsonline.com.

WRP DK 8/2/14 1:38 AM

Per their own twitter and FB messages Kody Swanson (Friday nights Silver Crown winner) & TMez will be rocking it at WRP for the Jack Hewitt Classic. What a field of cars we will have later this evening.

PAW 8/2/14 9:46 AM

Weather report?

WRP DK 8/2/14 12:08 PM

WRP is a GO!!! We are racing. Come on out to see all the great drivers and The legend Jack Hewitt.

newracefan123 8/2/14 12:31 PM

I must be a dummie when comes to reading websites are coolers allowed in? I couldn't find the info on the track website.

WRP DK 8/2/14 12:38 PM

Yes coolers are allowed. You are also allowed to carry and beer as long as it's in the can.