IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Levi Jones Done For Season (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=62531)

Rogue-9 8/29/12 7:08 PM

Levi Jones Done For Season

Courtesy of IBRACN.com:
LEVI IS LAID UP
8/29/2012

FACT - (8-29-12 @ 12:38 pm) - Levi Jones is calling it a season. Levi has been dealing with neck pain resulting from having three herniated discs in his neck. Recently, Levi spent a day with surgeons to get evaluated and it was determined that surgery can't be put off any longer. Surgery is scheduled for next week with a expected recovery of 12 weeks, thus ending his 2012 campaign.

Currently, Levi is leading the USAC National Sprint Car points by 26 points over Jon Stanbrough. This lead was cut down after last weekends incident involving him and Stanbrough. I wasn't there so I don't know what happened but from what I'm reading, Levi got together with Jon and both went for a ride. This accident gathered a couple of other drivers sending Robert Ballou to the hospital with back pain and a concussion.

USAC announced that Levi would be docked 25 points and put on probation for the rest of the season. Reports are that Levi purposfully took out Jon for running him up the track but whatever the reason, USAC felt it necessary to act on the accident and punish Levi and the TSR Motorsports #20 race team.

Wallsracing 8/29/12 7:10 PM

Yeah yeah yeah excuses

Posted via Mobile Device

mayor31 8/29/12 7:16 PM

Wonder if they will put anyone in the seat to keep owner points going? Personally dont care but would love to see Tony put someone in the seat to show there talent. Possibly a young Chase Stockton or someone like that. Jmo

Posted via Mobile Device

Rogue-9 8/29/12 7:17 PM

Re: Levi Jones Done For Season

Wonder if Tony will give anyone else an opportunity in the 20 car for rest of season. Could a certain 20 year old be in the car for a few races? Pure speculation, but it would be cool to see.

PIT CART 8/29/12 7:17 PM

Another post saying "I wasn't there" but here's what happened.
Get well Levi.

Posted via Mobile Device

Rogue-9 8/29/12 7:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayor31 (Post 300001)
Wonder if they will put anyone in the seat to keep owner points going? Personally dont care but would love to see Tony put someone in the seat to show there talent. Possibly a young Chase Stockton or someone like that. Jmo

Posted via Mobile Device

wow, you beat me to it.

---------- Post added at 7:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:18 PM ----------

Chase Stockon wasn't who I was thinking of. but that would be cool to.

---------- Post added at 7:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:18 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIT CART (Post 300003)
Another post saying "I wasn't there" but here's what happened.
Get well Levi.

Posted via Mobile Device

Well, Ibracn didn't actually post here, I just pasted this from their website.

Illini8 8/29/12 7:28 PM

Stewart probably will shut down the team for the season

Jim Halpert 8/29/12 7:48 PM

Why have I not heard of these lingering problems before? All I can say is Go Dave!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

Jerry Shaw 8/29/12 8:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Halpert (Post 300008)
Why have I not heard of these lingering problems before? All I can say is Go Dave!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

In all fairness, I arrived about an hour and a half before hot laps on Thursday and the story was already going around the pits about Levi having neck pain, due to bulging discs. Nobody said anything, however, about him ending his season four days after Smackdown was over.

Jerry

billw 8/29/12 8:09 PM

would be nice if tony at least offered the ride to ballou

PIT CART 8/29/12 8:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue-9 (Post 300004)
wow, you beat me to it.

---------- Post added at 7:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:18 PM ----------

Chase Stockon wasn't who I was thinking of. but that would be cool to.

---------- Post added at 7:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:18 PM ----------

Well, Ibracn didn't actually post here, I just pasted this from their website.

Sorry.

Posted via Mobile Device

c47 8/29/12 8:38 PM

'would be nice if tony at least offered the ride to ballou"

ya think that would ever happen? i dont. (and i am a fan of ballou)
i would ASSUME that TSR has sponsor obligations to keep the cars on the track for the entire season.
i think larson would be the first choice.

EldoraMark 8/29/12 8:39 PM

I have been friends with Levi and his family for years . In fact Levi Mother gave me the nick name Eldora Mark. I have never posted anything personally about Levi but I feel I must now. When I arrived at the Jones camp on Thursday Levi had an ice bag on his neck. He told me about the disc problem he was having. His arms and hands were numb and he was in a lot pain. He had recieved some injections in his neck but they were not taken affect. He was using a Tenns unit which is an electrical stimulator to try to calm down the numbing. He told me he was going to see the doctor after the weekend.
I had the same thing he had 24 years ago and I still remember the intense pain. There is no way I could of driven a race car at that time. I hope the Christian out there weather you like him or not keep him and his boy Cru in your prayers.

Get well Levi we will be praying for a complete recovery

illinisprintfan 8/29/12 8:46 PM

A woman I work with was parked a few spaces down from Levi at Kokomo at the smackdown, and talked to him Friday. He is in alot of pain. It has nothing to do with what happened over the weekend. I would like to see Blake Fitzpatrick in the TSR car for the rest of the season.

SpfldMile 8/29/12 8:52 PM

I wonder if anyone will drive the TSR 10 at DuQuoin?

Jerry Shaw 8/29/12 9:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EldoraMark (Post 300015)
I have been friends with Levi and his family for years . In fact Levi Mother gave me the nick name Eldora Mark. I have never posted anything personally about Levi but I feel I must now. When I arrived at the Jones camp on Thursday Levi had an ice bag on his neck. He told me about the disc problem he was having. His arms and hands were numb and he was in a lot pain. He had recieved some injections in his neck but they were not taken affect. He was using a Tenns unit which is an electrical stimulator to try to calm down the numbing. He told me he was going to see the doctor after the weekend.
I had the same thing he had 24 years ago and I still remember the intense pain. There is no way I could of driven a race car at that time. I hope the Christian out there weather you like him or not keep him and his boy Cru in your prayers.

Get well Levi we will be praying for a complete recovery

Everybody would be better off, if they had more friends like Mark. That's a true friend, that has your back even when there's a good chance he will take fire for doing so. Like on that other thread.:9:

Jerry

sprinter2b 8/29/12 9:09 PM

If you don't like him why do you care? The reason you didn't know is because it's none of your business! If you don't like someone that's your choice and if you want to voice your opinion that's fine but when you go after someone personally when at the end of the day it's none of your business and has nothing to do with you is nothing more than bullying! No matter who it is you should be praying that he recovers and does well! Remember too he's not just a racer but a husband and a father of young children one which has also been very ill!

wtvwrocks 8/29/12 9:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c47 (Post 300014)

i would ASSUME that TSR has sponsor obligations to keep the cars on the track for the entire season.

Can't see it being Larson - if you visit his website he has already committed to WOO and stock car shows through much of the remainder of the USAC season - can't see him bailing on those but there's always a possibility.

jjones776 8/29/12 9:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprinter2b (Post 300022)
If you don't like him why do you care? The reason you didn't know is because it's none of your business! If you don't like someone that's your choice and if you want to voice your opinion that's fine but when you go after someone personally when at the end of the day it's none of your business and has nothing to do with you is nothing more than bullying! No matter who it is you should be praying that he recovers and does well! Remember too he's not just a racer but a husband and a father of young children one which has also been very ill!

Very well said!

Posted via Mobile Device

Sawdust101 8/29/12 9:13 PM

It would be a good ride for Logan Hupp, after all he's looking and the #20 seat is empty. Think about it!

terrell854 8/29/12 9:19 PM

I think josh Burton would be a good choice

Posted via Mobile Device

burris7555 8/29/12 9:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c47 (Post 300014)

Why would you put someone in the car that has made it to the next level?

We have a lot of quality midwest wheelmen that need their shot in a seat like the one TSR has to offer...

Hamby812 8/29/12 9:39 PM

Praying for a speedy recovery and that surgery goes well for him. Also praying his youngster gets better soon as well. But(not to argue just stating facts) if he was in so much pain and having numbness is his arms/hands should he have even been behind the wheel at the smackdown? Not implying this cause the wreck, I could care less about the accident as far as whose fault etc. it's racing crap happens. But if his health was so bad and his symptoms were so severe he should have started this surgery process sooner no matter how bad the desire to race is. Safety should always be of upmost importance!!

Posted via Mobile Device

Bradleyracing86 8/29/12 9:41 PM

Logan Hupp.

Posted via Mobile Device

hoosierfan 8/29/12 9:43 PM

I wish Levi the best with his surgery and recovery. It's disappointing though because it was set to be one helluva points battle with other very determined competitors that would rather have him on the track. Hope all goes well and best of luck to you Levi.

Posted via Mobile Device

jeffnanny 8/29/12 9:49 PM

Never wish for anyone bad during procedures like Levi will be going through. So best wishes on his recovery through that situation.

I was not there to witness anything as I was couch racing but glad that there seemed to be a situation that needed attention and USAC stepped to the plate and made it aware they are for the safety of the drivers and they do have rules.

My main point to post was to say let's put Josh Cunningham in that #20. He has the talent to drive and unfortunately has not had that privilege to operate some fine equipment to that level. Give someone with some true experience that hasnt had that opportunity a chance to shine!!! :6::31:

racephoto1 8/29/12 10:14 PM

Get well Levi, and as for me Chase Stockon. NOBODY has done as much with so little as Chase.

bobO 8/29/12 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racephoto1 (Post 300043)
Get well Levi, and as for me Chase Stockon. NOBODY has done as much with so little as Chase.

KT,jr nuff said !!! we have a lot of guy,s that deserve a shot but only 1 seat !:15:

rclaridge 8/29/12 10:22 PM

I think Chase would do a great job in the 20 and is very sponsor friendly

Posted via Mobile Device

bmemmer 8/29/12 10:25 PM

kt has enough money behind him from what ive been told.. chase stockton all the way!!!!!!

ktsr 8/29/12 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmemmer (Post 300048)
kt has enough money behind him from what ive been told.. chase stockton all the way!!!!!!

You're source isn't very reliable Mr Memmer

Posted via Mobile Device

ShaneMugavin57 8/29/12 10:28 PM

if he was in so much pain and having numbness is his arms/hands should he have even been behind the wheel at the smackdown? Not implying this cause the wreck, I could care less about the accident as far as whose fault etc. it's racing crap happens. But if his health was so bad and his symptoms were so severe he should have started this surgery process sooner no matter how bad the desire to race is. Safety should always be of upmost importance!!

Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE]

If Drivers didn't race because they were in pain you wouldn't see many drivers out there past 25. Once the green flies a lot of that pain goes away. It's 2 days later when they are at home trying to get out of bed in the morning that it is probably most apparent.

on_the_edge 8/29/12 10:29 PM

The 2 guys that a couple have mentioned would be great choices. Chase and Kt can both wheel a car that has been proven week in and week out during USAC competition. The problem that would arise here is that both of these drivers have their own car inside the top 10 of USAC points. Not saying neither one wouldn't be honored to get that caliber of a ride, but lets face it they will not be in the TSR 20 next year. Yes I know the point fund does not pay a great deal of money, but to those 2 it would be a lot. That would be a tough choice to make, go drive the best equipment money can buy, or stay in the family owned car and be able to race the next season.

My best guess would be Bobby East will pilot the car to finish the season. He is already in at TSR, has proven he can win, and is not in his own points battle. Maybe not the fans choice, but probably the easiest and quickest for TSR right now.

Clydesdale 8/29/12 10:31 PM

What about Daron Clayton! The guy could win right off the bat, and not to mention he's got a great fan base, and very fan friendly. He's been fast ever since he started back up this year. Yeah he wrecked once, but do you want to run up front, or a be a field filler? Also, I agree Chase Stockton would be a good canidate, or heck what about TMez? I loved his interview at the Smackdown!

hoss90 8/29/12 10:31 PM

I think Joe Roush or Ray Kennans.

on_the_edge 8/29/12 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmemmer (Post 300048)

Lets not start a battle of who has more money between the two. Kt might have picked up a new sponsor this year, but it takes a lot of money to keep an operation going. As his dad stated his funds are not endless, and in this sport you can always use more money. It's Stockon by the way just to clarify.

Stocko23 8/29/12 10:32 PM

If we are voting.. lol my vote belongs to my brother Chase Stockon!!
-Lacy Gentry

ossuks 8/29/12 10:34 PM

My guess is Chevy is upset with USAC and would support Tony parking both the 10 and the 20.

Was TSR also docked 25 pts. or just Levi?

fasster23 8/29/12 10:35 PM

Justin Grant is a gasser and a great kid. I'd like to see him in TSR equipment.

Posted via Mobile Device

ThePurple73 8/29/12 10:35 PM

If Robert can't get their car back together put him in it.