IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Fairgrounds tonight? (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=47694)

D.O. 5/27/11 12:27 PM

Fairgrounds tonight?

How we looking? Rain is gone but how is the track? Should be fast if not too wet.:35:

agar 5/27/11 12:40 PM

Re: Fairgrounds tonight?

what time do the gates open

Panama 5/27/11 1:30 PM

Found this on the interwebz, if practice starts at 5pm gates should be open by 3:30-4:00 my guess.

Practice begins at 5 p.m. Qualifying at 6 p.m. Modified races begin at 6:30 p.m. Hoosier Hundred begins at 8 p.m.

Tickets: $25-$30, adults; $10, children.

Andrew S. Quinn 5/27/11 2:04 PM

Is it gonna be the twin 50s format or 100 laps format?

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

And is this a HARF night too??

Cel Cripe 5/27/11 2:11 PM

twin 50s format

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

$5.00 Kroger discount
Also HARF MEMBERS $5.00 discount

Andrew S. Quinn 5/27/11 2:13 PM

Thanks for the info. (Even though I dont like the twin 50s format)

Chris Nunn 5/27/11 2:16 PM

I am breaking a personal vow of mine and actually going to a race on a mile dirt track. Hope its worth it. Gonna be a chilly one too

Cel Cripe 5/27/11 2:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn (Post 229120)
Thanks for the info. (Even though I dont like the twin 50s format)

I don't like that format either ---- Who does like it?:5:
I thought the 100 miles had a lot of strategy with twin 50's its just
go fast------

nonwing 5/27/11 3:03 PM

I'm headed out to watch my favorite driver Shane Hollingsworth get his second Hoosier 100 victory. Sure wish it was done the old fashion way... straight 100 laps and see who the best man wins, not the best tire.

My best to everyone entered.
George Wilkins

team3521 5/27/11 3:46 PM

Yeah, makes you wonder if Hoosier tire isn't running the show and not USAC? If you were Hoosier, you could look forward to selling twice as many right rear tires with the twin 50 format.

I really wish they would choose to go back the to the traditional Champ car race, 100 laps of conserving your tires to win.

Good luck to everyone! Gods safety and blessings!

petey 5/27/11 3:50 PM

Even though it was a Toyota ;);) powered car, the best tire won at DuQuoin last year, American Racer. Swanson went all 100 laps on his right rear.

Seadog 5/27/11 4:24 PM

I think the gates are 5:00, same time as hot laps. But I could be wrong.

I thought I read no tire change at the lap 51 break. But again, I could be wrong.

Dyno Don 5/27/11 4:36 PM

I am done with The Hoosier 100 and lots of other tracks. They have ruined the tradition that has been there since the 50's. I am sorry Mods and a split race is not what I want to see. Too long too boring.

Please read Doug Aulds column in Sprint & Midget magazine, it is no fun anymore. This will be the first Hoosier 100 I have missed (rain excluded)since 1983. It is no fun anymore.

Tracks having way to many classes and shows running to long is no fun.

I have been chasing racing for 40 years, but with all the me first mentality of the promoters, it is no fun.

team3521 5/27/11 4:36 PM

Per USAC:

Must start race on Right Rear tire used to qualify with. You may change 1 (one) tire during mandatory stop, with following stipulations. Change RR tire go to tail no penalty, If you change any other tire you retain position no penalty. 1(one) tire change only your choice.

deannalynn 5/27/11 4:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyno Don (Post 229138)
I am done with The Hoosier 100 and lots of other tracks. They have ruined the tradition that has been there since the 50's. I am sorry Mods and a split race is not what I want to see. Too long too boring.

Please read Doug Aulds column in Sprint & Midget magazine, it is no fun anymore. This will be the first Hoosier 100 I have missed (rain excluded)since 1983. It is no fun anymore.

Tracks having way to many classes and shows running to long is no fun.

I have been chasing racing for 40 years, but with all the me first mentality of the promoters, it is no fun.

On my way to the fairgrounds!!! Glad the race still exists and I'm glad it's being kept alive however they want to do it. I'll be looking forward to the half time beer replinishment/potty break!!! :23:

Chris Nunn 5/27/11 4:56 PM

The unique mid-race stop which led to Shane Hmiel’s late-race heroics a year ago, will be repeated, with a red flag issued at the conclusion of lap 51. This year’s rules permit one tire change per car but a right-rear change will result in the car being moved to the back of the restart order. Cars may also add up to five gallons of fuel. A red flag issued after lap 35 and before lap 51 will replace the mandatory red flag stoppage at lap 51.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

And thanks Dyno Don, ill gladly take your seat, at least there are some of us who want to keep races alive and to not "refuse to go" because of petty BS

old timer 5/27/11 4:57 PM

One high horsepower motor brand can't make 100 laps and still win so the rule changes!!!!!:34:

Chris Nunn 5/27/11 4:58 PM

Thanks Dyno Don, ill gladly take your seat as one of the people who wont let petty BS keep me from supporting the sport I love.

Don 65s 5/27/11 5:28 PM

Chris, How many mods? Thanks Don

Chris Nunn 5/27/11 5:37 PM

No idea yet don, im still in traffic at Harding and 465 lol
Posted via Mobile Device

SUPERDUKE 5/27/11 5:41 PM

You won't have to look far for a seat!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe 1/3 full!

Chris Nunn 5/27/11 6:00 PM

Just got a message from Blake. 31 SC cars signed in
Posted via Mobile Device

Sprinter56 5/27/11 6:03 PM

I would usually be dissapointed when bloomington rains out but the Hoosier hundred is one of my favorites can't wait to see galens new 56 on the mile go dd
Posted via Mobile Device

STIDA.com 5/27/11 6:08 PM

Individual qualifying up next. Levi fastest in practice.
Posted via Mobile Device

Vukie 5/27/11 6:14 PM

USAClive USAC Racing
Levi Jones fastest in Practice over Daum Windom Clauson Larson Kuhn Coons Stanbrough Fike Beechler T.Swanson East Hollingsworth Heydenreich

treecitytornado 5/27/11 6:35 PM

What kind of times are they turning? I think J.P. still has the track record at or around a 31.4?
Posted via Mobile Device

kylecumminsfan 5/27/11 7:03 PM

Qualifying bout over?
Posted via Mobile Device

Vukie 5/27/11 7:10 PM

USAClive USAC Racing
Levi Jones takes the Pole over Kuhn Clauson Kaeding Hines Swindell Heydenreich Kane Coons Pierce Tyler Larson Stanbrough Beechler Swanson...

USAClive USAC Racing
Then Hagar Hess Windom Darland Schuerenberg Cockrum Gamester Hollingsworth Meseraull East Urish Fike Daum Helberg Bateman...

racegal 5/27/11 8:34 PM

Does anyone know anything? Thanks!

Vukie 5/27/11 8:37 PM

USAClive USAC Racing
Driver Intros for tonight's "Hoosier Hundred" starting now!!
13 minutes ago

USAClive USAC Racing
Grand Marshal Shane Hmiel just gave the command to fire engines! 100 laps around the Mile coming up..

Chris Nunn 5/27/11 8:54 PM

Levi is about 15 car lengths ahead of Kaeding or 2 seconds ahead. Tracy hines is third. Id say around 16 laps in
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Yellow for TMez. Lap 30

Jones, kaeding, hines, coons, clauson are the top five under yellow
Posted via Mobile Device

Vukie 5/27/11 9:11 PM

tonystewart_rcg Tony Stewart Racing
Caution lap 30...Jones continues to lead. Had 3-sec lead over field until yellow. Clauson restarts 7th.

Chris Nunn 5/27/11 9:11 PM

Yellow lap 38: windom spins after jeff swindell blows a tire in front of him blows a tire in turn three.

Jones, kaeding, coons, clauson, hines is the top five

Stanbrough also pulls in with a flat right rear and is getting it changed
Posted via Mobile Device

VSneader2 5/27/11 9:14 PM

whats the track conditions like? two tire problems this early in the race cant be a good sign.

Vukie 5/27/11 9:20 PM

Pierce is out.

Chris Nunn 5/27/11 9:25 PM

Halfway redflag. Track is your usual mile surface

Jones- no tire change
Kaeding- no tire change
Coons- no tire change
clauson- no tire change
hines- no tire change
Posted via Mobile Device

Vukie 5/27/11 9:28 PM

USAClive USAC Racing
Halfway break - Jones leads Kaeding Coons Clauson Hines Tyler Kane Larson Hagar Heydenreich Beechler Kuhn Gamester Darland Hess Schuerenberg

Chris Nunn 5/27/11 9:32 PM

I feel bad for the usac announcer blake anderson, jim childers wont let him get a word in at all.
Posted via Mobile Device

AustinSprinter 5/27/11 9:33 PM

Fairgrounds "Hoosier 100" Tonight??....

Anyone know who the 31st car was, that didn't take time/start??...thanks..........

Vukie 5/27/11 9:38 PM

tonystewart_rcg Tony Stewart Racing
Mandatory red flag lap 51..both Jones and Clauson elect to change right rear tires. Will restart from rear of field.