IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Circle City Raceway IS A GO (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=125404)

DonnaCCR 4/19/24 12:42 PM

Circle City Raceway IS A GO

We are running tonight at Circle City Raceway
317-746-6928

CCR 410 Sprints 25 laps
Super Stocks 25 laps
Modifieds. 25 laps
Pure Stock 20 laps
Crown Vic’s 20 laps
Hornets 20 laps
Grub Getters 30 minutes
▪️pits open at 4pm
▪️pill drawl ends at 6:30 any driver checking in after 6:30 will be placed in a group or heat
▪️Sprint Drivers meeting at 6:35
▪️SS MODS PS CV HORNETS GG Drivers meeting at 6:45pm
▪️6:50pm CCR 410 Sprint engine Heats
▪️HOT LAPS at 7:00pm
▪️7:50 pm opening ceremonies
▪️Racing starts at 8 pm

EldoraMark 4/19/24 2:32 PM

Six division is just stupid in my opinion. Won't get my $$$

Chief Wahoo 4/19/24 2:50 PM

Re: Circle City Raceway IS A GO

As a track that's already being criticized for running late by neighbors, this is just another way to Pi** them off. Odds of this running late drastically improve with 6 classes. Hope they don't run into any issues that cause delays.

leftrear 4/19/24 2:55 PM

I wouldn't go to that if they paid me. They must be on a different time than the rest of us. Opening ceremonies at 7:50 there is no way they finish before midnight even if every race is green all the way. They are not rookies running this thing anymore. What are they thinking ?

PJ Wright 4/19/24 4:10 PM

I know this only makes it worse, but I count 7 classes.

Charles Nungester 4/19/24 4:20 PM

Go or don't go.
B***** only closes tracks so yo have more to B**** about.

brown11b 4/19/24 4:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 573369)
Go or don't go.

Actually, tracks starting and running late closes a tracks as well. This isn't a track that was in the middle of nowhere and then people moved in. This is a track that opened in a long established population area. They need to be having quick shows and act as if there is a curfew.

ossuks 4/19/24 4:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charles nungester (Post 573369)
go or don't go.
B***** only closes tracks so yo have more to b**** about.

thank you!!!!

Charles Nungester 4/19/24 5:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brown11b (Post 573370)
Actually, tracks starting and running late closes a tracks as well. This isn't a track that was in the middle of nowhere and then people moved in. This is a track that opened in a long established population area. They need to be having quick shows and act as if there is a curfew.

I get it, I got a couple tracks I don't go too due to either two many classes or just plain can't get a feature run before 1130. But I just don't go.

Grocery Guy 4/19/24 6:21 PM

On a Facebook reply by the track, the track replied the latest they have finished is 11:30pm In a neighborhood like theirs, that is way too late. Wishing them well with their seven-division program.

Pancho Stapp 4/19/24 6:37 PM

They already have issues with the neighbors and they run all these classes. ***

sp6967 4/19/24 7:05 PM

a lot of racing for only 20 bucks. for a racing sight a lot of people seem not to like it.

leftrear 4/19/24 9:04 PM

The site is called Indiana Open Wheel not Indiana Grub Getters, Indiana Modifieds, Indiana Crown Vics, etc. A couple of support divisions is expected but 6 is a bit much. Maybe that is what the Circle City fans want. I do wish them luck but I do not see the draw.

Dirtfan 4/19/24 9:22 PM

Can someone enlighten me what a "Grub Getter" is?

Paging Charles..

Charles Nungester 4/19/24 9:37 PM

I got no idea what a Grub Getter is.

But the feature green was thrown at 9:33 for Sprint cars.

Dirtfan 4/19/24 9:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 573382)
I got no idea what a Grub Getter is.

But the feature green was thrown at 9:33 for Sprint cars.

Unbelievable..

openwheelfan1 4/19/24 10:56 PM

Per MRP, Ballou beats JJ Hughes,Tyler Kendall, Rylan Gray, and Frank Guerini for the 410 sprint car win.

jdull99 4/20/24 1:30 AM

Back in the day, didn't all races and night events start at 8pm? After the cows were milked, is what I understand.

The fad has been to move start time up "for families" (not just races, but other entertainment choices); but then you go to Denny's or Walmart and there are young kids walking all over the place in the middle of the night...

Many times, at many short tracks, not all of these divisions have 40+ cars. Sometimes not enough for two heat races, and in many cases, certainly not enough for a B-main. My guess is most of the time, this program will work out (keep the show moving, but get the back gate for it to make financial sense...).

I'd say if it starts at 8 (remember you do not HAVE to be there for hotlaps...) and if the sprint feature started at 9:33, it was most likely done by 10pm. Thats two hours! I'd say that was pretty good!

jdull99 4/20/24 1:38 AM

From Hoseheads: Circle City Raceway IN) A Feature 1 (25 Laps): 1. 12-Robert Ballou[2]; 2. 76-JJ Hughes[1]; 3. 20-Tyler Kendall[4]; 4. 06-Rylan Gray[11]; 5. 04-Frank Guerrini[3]; 6. 9Z-Zack Pretorius[5]; 7. 33-Jake Scott[13]; 8. 0G-Kyle Shipley[10]; 9. 16-Harley Burns[8]; 10. 00G-Collin Grissom[7]; 11. 28-Brandon Mattox[17]; 12. 24M-Hunter Maddox[6]; 13. 21-Wes Pinkerton[12]; 14. 41A-Owen Barr[21]; 15. 4C-Daylan Chambers[19]; 16. 87-Tony Helton[15]; 17. 17-Bryce Andrews[18]; 18. 39-Matt Goodnight[14]; 19. 16K-Andrew Prather[9]; 20. 32-Garrett Abrams[16]; 21. 41-Ricky Lewis[20]; 22. 18S-Aidan Salisbury[23]; 23. 00-Austin Cory[22]; 24. (DNS) 5W-Kyle Willis; 25. (DNS) 18-Dave Osborn 4/19

DonnaCCR 4/20/24 2:27 AM

What a great job to the entire track crew tonight!
We had over 130 cars signed in.

Hot laps began at 7:02. The first heat race pushed off at 8:04.
Three sprint car heats. Three super stock heats. Two modified heats. One pure stock heat. Three crown vic heats. Two hornet heats.
All heat races were done by 9:20.

The track took eight minutes to roll the berm in.
At 9:30, the first sprint cars were pushed off for their feature event. After the four wide salute to the fans, the 25 car field took the green flag.

Robert Ballou was the feature winner, followed by JJ Hughes in second and Tyler Kendall in third.

The additional five features were completed by 11:30.
The grub getters pulled onto the track for their 30 minute enduro. Final checkered waved at 12:04.

Kudos to the team! The next event is Friday night, May 3rd.

Chief Wahoo 4/20/24 3:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtfan (Post 573381)
Can someone enlighten me what a "Grub Getter" is?.

I was thinking more in line like GrubHub, but ya order from your seat during the race :D

Grocery Guy 4/20/24 9:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtfan (Post 573381)
Can someone enlighten me what a "Grub Getter" is?

Paging Charles..

Here's your Grub Getter info, right off their website from last summer. Clearly, it's a stock class.

GRUB GETTER $1,000 to win on August 19th
GENERAL RULES – All vehicles must come to the track RACE READY. Car
number MUST BE BIG & EASY TO READ on both sides and top. All glass,
headlights, & taillights except windshield should be removed along with
other excess parts like spare jack, spare tires, old parts, trash, etc.
Interior must remain in stock condition. 4 & 6-cylinder cars, SUV’s &
minivans are eligible with a maximum of 22 feet in length. Stock fuel
tanks only. The ONLY added reinforcements eligible (but not required)
are an outside bar or plate to the driver’s door. No roll cages. Must
remove airbags. Can remove the catalytic converter but must fully
replace with pipe. THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A RACE CAR!!! Tech
decisions are final.
• DRIVER EQUIPMENT – Must wear long-sleeves & long pants (fire suit
recommended). Neck collar is required. Helmet must be ALWAYS worn
while on track (even while in the infield).
• MEETING – There will be a driver’s meeting at the event. Attendance
is MANDATORY

captrat 4/20/24 9:51 AM

Quote:

Go or don't go.

Apparently we are at a point where pointing out obvious short comings is ********. Sort of like why is my term paper full of red marks for spelling and grammatical errors?

hoosier race fan 4/20/24 11:26 AM

Quote:

Go or don't go.

This is from Justin Fiedler who does the Dirttrackr Daily on YouTube. Probably my favorite quote on this topic.

“You don’t need to have promoted dirt racing events or worked in event management to call a spade a spade. The people who say we shouldn’t complain and should appreciate what we have are just wrong. We can love an event and appreciate it for its greatness, while at the same time offering critical feedback and wanting it to be better.

Race Tracks do not shut down because of streaming or social media. Race Tracks shut down due to inefficient promoting, inefficient race night programs, and bad management. A race track is business. Some strive to get better and some die.”

Grocery Guy 4/20/24 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosier race fan (Post 573418)
This is from Justin Fiedler who does the Dirttrackr Daily on YouTube. Probably my favorite quote on this topic.

“You don’t need to have promoted dirt racing events or worked in event management to call a spade a spade. The people who say we shouldn’t complain and should appreciate what we have are just wrong. We can love an event and appreciate it for its greatness, while at the same time offering critical feedback and wanting it to be better.

Racetracks do not shut down because of streaming or social media. Race Tracks shut down due to inefficient promoting, inefficient race night programs, and bad management. A race track is business. Some strive to get better and some die.”

Well said HRF. Justin offers great commentary. At the company I retired from, we used to have customer focus group meetings. We paid customers to come to meetings so we could hear what our company was doing WRONG, not right. Then we took those notes, developed plans and tried to improve over the years. Imagine a racetrack asking patrons and teams what they could do better to run their tracks and programs. I have seen some tracks pass out opinion sheets, years before social media. Good for them. Glad Circle City had a successful night.

Charles Nungester 4/20/24 2:48 PM

I got no problem pointing out problems.

But complaining without experiencing is something else.

Oh they got six classes. probably won't have a feature by till 11 etc. Well how many people did you talk out of going?

What they did, is have the feature running 90 minutes after opening ceremonies. They had more than a full field of sprint cars and people who were only there for sprints were heading home soon after.

If they've kept you late in the past. you may have a right to complain. If you were giving yourself and others a reason not to go. You were wrong.

They should get a :8:

badcoupe 4/20/24 4:04 PM

Years back Gappens called the shop to ask how we like things at gas city and if there was anything he could improve upon. He gained a lot of respect from me then and he’s since went on to better things as a result.

DonnaCCR 4/28/24 12:28 AM

But our team did a GREAT JOB smoothly ran and done racing by 11:30 Please don’t knock us until you buy a track and try to do this yourself it’s not easy to get it right every night …. Ask all the track owners who have closed their tracks why ? Its a lot of work a lot of stress and it’s nights like April 22nd when everyone bashed every move we were going to make but we did it our way and WE HAD A AMAZING NIGHT and that’s what we’re trying to do have amazing nights with lots of fun laughs and great memories for everyone… oh and Friday nights it’s easier for people to get there by rolling back the start time 30 minutes it was a request from the people who make the sacrifice of driving there to race…. Call us stupid call us wrong call us crazy just keep watching there’s a lot more of all that coming !! And I hope someday I can give you a ticket to come out and join us you should just give us a chance to change your mind or maybe give us some ideas we appreciate input if you have solutions to the problem not just pointing out our problems… Let’s ALL MAKE RACING BETTER TOGETHER 🤩

jonboat15 4/28/24 8:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnaCCR (Post 573600)
But our team did a GREAT JOB smoothly ran and done racing by 11:30 Please don’t knock us until you buy a track and try to do this yourself it’s not easy to get it right every night …. Ask all the track owners who have closed their tracks why ? Its a lot of work a lot of stress and it’s nights like April 22nd when everyone bashed every move we were going to make but we did it our way and WE HAD A AMAZING NIGHT and that’s what we’re trying to do have amazing nights with lots of fun laughs and great memories for everyone… oh and Friday nights it’s easier for people to get there by rolling back the start time 30 minutes it was a request from the people who make the sacrifice of driving there to race…. Call us stupid call us wrong call us crazy just keep watching there’s a lot more of all that coming !! And I hope someday I can give you a ticket to come out and join us you should just give us a chance to change your mind or maybe give us some ideas we appreciate input if you have solutions to the problem not just pointing out our problems… Let’s ALL MAKE RACING BETTER TOGETHER 🤩

That is about the best post I have read on a racing site in a long time. Thank you!