IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bill Gardner Sprintacular 7/2 (Friday) and 7/3 (Saturday) (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=117417)

Lincoln Park Speedway 6/23/21 8:46 AM

Bill Gardner Sprintacular 7/2 (Friday) and 7/3 (Saturday)

The Bill Gardner Sprintacular two day show will be happening Friday July 2nd and Saturday July 3rd.

Friday Night - July 2nd
MSCS/USAC Sprints, Modifieds, Super Stocks, and Bombers
Pit Gate opens 415pm
Pit Admission $35.00/10 & under free
Main Gate opens 5pm
General Admission $30.00/10 & under free

Saturday Night - July 3rd
USAC/MSCS Sprints, MMSA, and USAC Midwest Regional Midgets
Pit Gate opens 3pm
Pit Admission $35/10 & under free
Main Gate opens 5pm
General Admission $30.00/10 & under free

Don't forget to pick up your 2021 Bill Gardner Sprintacular T-shirt at the Novelty Stand!

Tickets will be available at the gates!

jim goerge 6/23/21 11:14 PM

Re: Bill Gardner Sprintacular 7/2 (Friday) and 7/3 (Saturday

These races HONOR the man who made this great web site we all love,. I"m asking all of us who , will be there or any track , Friday night July 2nd to please honor Bill by wearing your Indiana Open Wheel shirts. I think it will also show Mrs. G that all of us still have her back, for all the work she has and still does for all us race nuts. Man I MISS my friend !!:9:

davidm 6/24/21 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim goerge (Post 541226)
These races HONOR the man who made this great web site we all love,. I"m asking all of us who , will be there or any track , Friday night to please honor Bill by wearing your Indiana Open Wheel shirts. I think it will also show Mrs. G that all of us still have her back, for all the work she has and still does for all us race nuts. Man I MISS my friend !!:9:

Great idea Jim! Can't be at a track this weekend, but I'll wear my Indiana Open Wheel tee-shirts as I'm driving down to Greensboro NC.

bullringko 6/24/21 9:23 PM

Can anyone explain the reason for the price increases all of a sudden? $30 seems pretty steep for general admission. Is there a purse increase?

Chief Wahoo 6/24/21 10:13 PM

Can one still purchase IOW shirts? Thanks

jim goerge 6/24/21 11:58 PM

Chief I noticed last year at LPS that they had some blue IOW shirts, :D

Lincoln Park Speedway 6/27/21 11:05 AM

Don't miss the action starting Friday, July 2nd!

Indy1808 6/27/21 2:24 PM

Damn $30 each nite at LPS
Im going to look elsewhere next year.

Chief Wahoo 6/27/21 2:30 PM

Damn $30 bucks for all that action! I’ll be there :23:

Charles Nungester 6/27/21 3:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy1808 (Post 541357)

I think USAC did increase purse from 5 to 6k. not sure on thru the pack. sill last feature place makes more than most fourth place local shows.

I don['t mind it for good counts four heats, consi feature.

But for less counts I can pay half and sometimes see as good racin.

Not bashing anyone. Everyone chooses where they want to race and where they want to watch.

i love dirt track racing 6/27/21 3:36 PM

Our racing family will be in the house at this very special racing events. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and having a great time and probably a couple of Kodak moments and life time memories will be made . Thanks Mrs g. And bills family for allowing all of the racing families to enjoy this beautiful website that bill built. Thanks LPS for the great things that you do to celebrate a great person. God bless America. And have fun and enjoy. Thanks.

jim goerge 6/27/21 10:34 PM

Quote:

If you been to any USAC race this season then you paid $30 before. Richard. Noticed you say you"re going to look around NEXT YEAR, so guess that means you"ll be there this year.;)

cmiracingvids 6/27/21 10:50 PM

Quote:

Kokomo is running July 3rd. $15GA

Lincoln Park Speedway 6/28/21 9:07 AM

MSCS/USAC on Friday night July 2nd is $5,000.00 to win and $500.00 to start

USAC/MSCS on Saturday night July 3rd is $7,000.00 to win and $600.00 to start

PIT CART 6/28/21 3:00 PM

Here it is race fans finally a purse increase for non wing sprint cars!!! How can they pay better, simply raise the cost at the front gate. Thank you USAC and Lincoln Park I hope more tracks follow along 🏁🏁🍺🍺

dkdorkboy 6/28/21 3:45 PM

Does Usac still dock you a c note if you're not a Usac member ?

richie 6/28/21 4:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkdorkboy (Post 541384)
Does Usac still dock you a c note if you're not a Usac member ?

Not in these two Putnamville shows since it is a co-sanctioned event both nights.

Jerry Shaw 6/28/21 5:29 PM

When you look at the this racing weekend is structured. Two-night show. Dual USAC/MSCS sanction. Fourth of July Weekend. Higher paying To Win/To Start. And at Putnamville. This is exactly the event Bill talked about for many years, that he would like to see happen, someday. The funny thing is, the only part he would probably change is the fact that the event has his name on it. There was something in Bill's DNA, that even though he was a great idea man and worked hard to see ideas of his (like IOW, for example) come to pass, he would never take credit for anything or draw attention to himself. He was probably the least attention-seeking person I've ever known. All the way to the very end, Bill believed that what makes IOW great is you the poster, the person that loves racing and comes here to tell their story. You saw him say on the board many times "IOW is about you, people."

But, since everybody involved here has made his dream racing weekend a reality, I'm sure he'll be looking down upon Lincoln Park Speedway with a smile. Even though they named the whole weekend after him. And don't worry, folks, you're going to get your $30 worth. You may even leave wishing you could tip Joe or Jill a few bucks, on your way out.:3:

Jerry

Lincoln Park Speedway 6/29/21 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
2021 Bill Gardner Sprintacular Shirt!

jim goerge 6/29/21 9:10 PM

lol Guess I"ll be adding on to my shirt collection , I think its a good looking shirt, only thing missing is picture of Bill on his golf cart ;)

flagboy55 6/30/21 10:18 AM

Looking like the weather is going to be perfect for this event. I unfortunately can’t make it but I hope everyone has a great time. Thankful that’s it’s co-sanctioned between both clubs. With USAC on the bill we’ll be watching on Flo. What a great value that has turned out to be. Hopefully some day MSCS signs up with Flo

BrentTFunk 6/30/21 2:03 PM

Sure wish I could go. $5 extra, no big deal for the increased payout. Will be watching from home. Flo does a great job, but for sure , not the same as being there. I enjoy the races, but a big part is socializing with everyone. I have had a lot of fun at rain outs before. Hope for a good night, and hope everyone has fun. That is what its all about, I will be jealous of you guys lol.

i love dirt track racing 6/30/21 5:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentTFunk (Post 541451)
Sure wish I could go. $5 extra, no big deal for the increased payout. Will be watching from home. Flo does a great job, but for sure , not the same as being there. I enjoy the races, but a big part is socializing with everyone. I have had a lot of fun at rain outs before. Hope for a good night, and hope everyone has fun. That is what its all about, I will be jealous of you guys lol.

Good deal Brent. Get well soon and hopefully that things will get going for you to be at a racing events soon. We definitely need a meet and greet at the smack down . It is a great time spending time with you and your group. Hang in there buddy and it will come back to you as soon as you can. Thanks.

Stevensville Mike 6/30/21 8:56 PM

I'd love to be at Lincoln Park this weekend, but long story short..... I am locked in to Mid-Ohio and the IndyCars. Lima on Friday for me. I'll be with you boys and girls in spirit, heart, and soul.

Brent T. Funk - We all need you. Stick around for awhile. :9:

MilfordSprintFan 6/30/21 11:46 PM

I've only been to Lincoln Park once, for Midget Week last year. Should I expect same large crowd, tight parking I saw last year? Certainly not being critical, would just appreciate hearing from more regular LP visitors. Thanks!

tdt636 7/1/21 6:13 AM

Yes

jim goerge 7/1/21 7:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilfordSprintFan (Post 541469)
I've only been to Lincoln Park once, for Midget Week last year. Should I expect same large crowd, tight parking I saw last year? Certainly not being critical, would just appreciate hearing from more regular LP visitors. Thanks!

In one word your answer YEP. ;)

Lincoln Park Speedway 7/1/21 9:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Each Feature winner will be receiving a custom Bill Gardner Sprintacular Feature Winner Sticker!

ronmil 7/1/21 3:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilfordSprintFan (Post 541469)

As Yogi Berra would’ve said, Nobody goes there anymore because it’s so crowded.😊😊

ronmil 7/1/21 4:58 PM

Concerning the parking at LPS it seems more difficult after the shift in the direction of the way the cars face last year.