IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Shamrock Classic (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=112715)

racinc1 2/29/20 12:10 AM

Shamrock Classic

Never been to the indoor track in Duqoin before. How is the ventilation inside the building? Trying to decide if i should take the wife with us or not.

ISF 2/29/20 2:02 AM

Re: Shamrock Classic

We've attended all but just a couple of the midget events at Du Quoin dating all the way back to when they used to race indoors during the fair and the fumes and dust, for the most part, have not even been all that intense. The times that they have gotten a bit intense it hasn't lasted all that long. They have gotten better in recent years about keeping the entrance and arena doors open to aid in cross ventilation which seems to help quite a bit. Someone who has an average sensitivity to fumes and dust will most likely be fine. However, it could be somewhat uncomfortable for someone who is a bit more sensitive.

racinc1 2/29/20 5:21 AM

Thanks

mc/rider 2/29/20 10:58 AM

Goggles or glasses with the rubber seal.Face mask or bandana.These items make a difference for me later in the show

red70racer 2/29/20 11:15 AM

The lower you sit the lesser fumes
I’ve been there a bunch, had some friends that always sat high in turn 4 and the fumes are noticeable
I always sit 8-10 rows up on front stretch without them being terrible
It is indoor racing, you’re gonna have fumes

racenut69 2/29/20 1:15 PM

Don't let that stuff keep you from a very good show!....;)

chathamracefan 2/29/20 3:01 PM

Agreed on the goggles. Not so much for the dirt but for the burning eyes from the fumes. Only notice that during long runs. Like in the feature.

Charles Nungester 2/29/20 3:27 PM

Time I went it was still Powri and had a much bigger car count of 67.
Only had one short period where the fumes ever bothered me and it was the consis, I think they ran two twenty lap 15 car consi's back to back and it was bothering me by the end of he second one.

Other than that, I had no problem. Heck of a little short track. you wouldn't think they could run three wide but they do.

Rpracing1 2/29/20 10:29 PM

Been every year. Yes it can be brutal at times.

racinc1 2/29/20 11:46 PM

I see USAC is pushing to buy your tickets online. Is there ever an issue just buying your tickets at the gate like a normal dirt race? Does it ever sell out to the point they won’t let anymore people in?

Rpracing1 3/1/20 7:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racinc1 (Post 525966)
I see USAC is pushing to buy your tickets online. Is there ever an issue just buying your tickets at the gate like a normal dirt race? Does it ever sell out to the point they won’t let anymore people in?

No never.

ISF 3/1/20 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racinc1 (Post 525966)

As I said earlier, we've attended all but 2 POWRi/USAC midget shows ever held in the SIC and we've yet to see it completely sold out. That having been said, the seats that go unused for these shows are, for the most part, seats that are in area's where you really wouldn't want to watch the racing from. So, if you opt for general admission the day of the event get there early.

One of the advantages is you will save a few bucks per ticket if you purchase your seats in advance online and obviously if you purchase reserve seats you won't need to worry about getting a decent seat in the GA sections. We enjoy hanging out up town at the St. Nicholas Brewery 'till it's almost time for hot laps and with reserve seats we can do that without worry of finding a seat.

This is very often one of the better midget shows we attend all year and Lauren does a great job promoting this event.

Have a great time!

Koko06 3/5/20 11:34 AM

How many rows are reserved for the shamrock classic

racenut69 3/5/20 12:16 PM

I think it is the top 2 rows that are reserved.

Chief Wahoo 3/5/20 3:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koko06 (Post 526063)
How many rows are reserved for the shamrock classic

Think it’s top 3.

racenut69 3/6/20 1:11 PM

Gonna be great day to tailgate and watch great racing.....See ya there!

duel 3/7/20 12:22 AM

B watching Saturday. Cra/usac feature up next from Canyon on net.

Stevensville Mike 3/7/20 9:26 AM

45 cars as of right now. Not too bad for a late Winter show.

Have one for me, boys and girls, and enjoy the action! :32:

http://tjslideways.com/2020/03/06/sh...st-reaches-45/

illiNOISE 3/7/20 12:05 PM

It's not too terribly cold, so the fumes in the air don't sink as far in the warmer, lighter air. I do usually take some nasal allergy spray (generic Flonase) with me to spritz before the feature.

mc/rider 3/7/20 10:40 PM

Robert Bell makes the feature

chathamracefan 3/8/20 8:51 AM

Great night as allways at DuQuoin. Cool to see Thorson get the win as he missed this race last year after his highway accident.

Gabby 3/8/20 5:56 PM

Yep, that was awesome! Low and slow, that's what did it. When I left Du Quoin I drove past the Econo Inn, not that high class Econo Lodge, and there was the Robert Bell midget. It was sitting on an open trailer that was just big enough to hold the car, don't remember seeing a tire rack, and it was pulled by a pickup truck. No NASCAR sized hauler with a big sponsor vinyl wrap, the perfect definition of old school.

mc/rider 3/9/20 1:04 PM

A shout out to the Lawrenceburg safety crew.Johnny on the spot,first class,A1,simply the best :6:

reeserx 3/10/20 8:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabby (Post 526132)
Yep, that was awesome! Low and slow, that's what did it. When I left Du Quoin I drove past the Econo Inn, not that high class Econo Lodge, and there was the Robert Bell midget. It was sitting on an open trailer that was just big enough to hold the car, don't remember seeing a tire rack, and it was pulled by a pickup truck. No NASCAR sized hauler with a big sponsor vinyl wrap, the perfect definition of old school.

Way off topic but Robert bell is just a genuine good person who enjoys racin. Two smackdowns ago, I stopped at a local diner down the road from Kokomo speedway and he was in there. I was wearing a racing shirt so he knew I was at the track. We sat there and talked about racing for over an hour. The guy is old school through and through. The racing community needs more like him that’s for sure!