IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Eldora (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=31762)

MWestfallfan54 5/11/10 11:58 AM

Eldora

Who all is coming to Eldora tomorrow?

AP64 5/11/10 11:59 AM

Re: Eldora

I will be there shooting pictures.

#1jackhewittfan 5/11/10 12:01 PM

ill be there watching. its lookin like good weather for tommorow all this rain should help the track.
Posted via Mobile Device

speed bump 5/11/10 12:04 PM

I`LL BE THERE IN THE GRANDSTAND`S CHEERING FOR #54 Go get em.

apexonephoto 5/11/10 12:10 PM

I'll be at work. Indoors, out of the rain. Anybody check the weather?

duel 5/11/10 12:20 PM

why didn't they make this show up on a weekend? now if TS was in a usac sprint i might make the 7 hr round trip drive and make work at 7am... hopefully the powers that be will have live video.

AP64 5/11/10 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apexonephoto (Post 169254)
I'll be at work. Indoors, out of the rain. Anybody check the weather?

Hey, hey, keep those 95% true statements to yourself.;)

Stay positive. There is a chance of rain, but you never know.

apexonephoto 5/11/10 1:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AP64 (Post 169256)
Hey, hey, keep those 95% true statements to yourself.;)

Stay positive. There is a chance of rain, but you never know.

It's slightly some jealousy, mixed in with my own frustration of having the last (2) weekends cancelled here.

Sorry for using the "r" word right out in the open. I'm usually a glass half full kind of guy.

racefan20 5/11/10 2:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duel (Post 169255)
why didn't they make this show up on a weekend? now if TS was in a usac sprint i might make the 7 hr round trip drive and make work at 7am... hopefully the powers that be will have live video.

Tony hasnt allowed live video from there yet so I wouldnt expect it tomorrow.

BIGEBUDMAN 5/11/10 2:40 PM

Budman will be there, oh yea!!!

ChaplainJackie 5/11/10 4:46 PM

I will be there to see Tony race a modified... priceless!

Tim Watson 5/11/10 4:56 PM

Kind of hard to pass through the cheese curtain and make it to Eldora on a WEDNESDAY. :11: :15:

Pine 5/11/10 5:19 PM

Tony might not allow a live stream, NORMALLY.....but personally, I think Tony "OWES IT" to the USAC fans who traveled from near and far for the last PATHETIC showing...

After the DUST OUT weekend, I was going to send Tony a 600 dollar gas bill with a short note, just to waste 30 seconds of his life...:42::

AERO410SCJA 5/11/10 6:16 PM

If I see him at the bar:32::32:I'll mention that to him PINE:33::33:

MDposse 5/11/10 6:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA (Post 169343)
If I see him at the bar:32::32:I'll mention that to him PINE:33::33:

and get me some free drink coupons if you happen to run into the fatboy. I'd take those any day over an autograph and a mortified race. :11;

EldoraMark 5/11/10 8:43 PM

I'm going to have to think about if I want to make the long drive to Eldora

duel 5/11/10 9:15 PM

stand in line for an hour to get Tony's autograph only to tear it up and tell him what you really think about the usac opener...priceless

AP64 5/12/10 7:32 AM

This big green blob moving across the state doesn't look good for tonight's race.

http://www.intellicast.com/National/...5&animate=true

sam 5/12/10 7:38 AM

Dayton weather man just said most of the rain will be staying south of I-70!!

interpreter66 5/12/10 8:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam (Post 169418)
Dayton weather man just said most of the rain will be staying south of I-70!!

and you believe him???????:3::5::14::3::5:

Seadog 5/12/10 8:13 AM

If I had plans to go, I think I would take a shot at it. Forecast is not too bad.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...&FcstType=text

illinisprintfan 5/12/10 8:35 AM

If Eldora gets what we are getting just south of Terre Haute, dust shouldn't be a problem.

Millsvideo 5/12/10 9:30 AM

Live stream? From Eldora? Surely you jest...

DM

chrismattlin 5/12/10 9:43 AM

I know Cincinnati is 50 miles south, but we've had thunderstorms and heavy rain here for the last 2-3 hours. It doesn't look like it's gonna stop any time soon. Bummer, I'm hoping to see some racing.

GFMMInc 5/12/10 10:32 AM

I say Chris is right.. Not looking good!!

http://www.intellicast.com/National/...ation=USOH0245

ScottLimbert 5/12/10 10:52 AM

Well I'm about an hour south of Eldora and am sitting in a thunderstorm

Seadog 5/12/10 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seadog (Post 169421)
If I had plans to go, I think I would take a shot at it. Forecast is not too bad.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...&FcstType=text

On second thought...three hours later...not too encouraged by the radar.

Dave Rudisell 5/12/10 11:59 AM

As of 11:45 am its still a go!!
WED (11:45 am) - All systems GO for tonight's Coca-Cola Spring Classic event featuring the USAC Sprints and UMP Modifieds! We are watching the weather front as closely as everyone else, and surely want to make every effort to get this race in. While we are not meteorologists, we are seeing this front beginning to track South and we have strong hopes that it can clear the area by mid-afternoon. Regardless, we will continue to update what is going on – THINK SUNSHINE & RACING AT ELDORA! Gates open at 3:00 pm, hot laps are set for 6:00 pm

SPRINTCAR 5/12/10 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrismattlin (Post 169427)
I know Cincinnati is 50 miles south, but we've had thunderstorms and heavy rain here for the last 2-3 hours. It doesn't look like it's gonna stop any time soon. Bummer, I'm hoping to see some racing.

I don't know were you got that mileage but it's 98 miles from my driveway;):31:

Dave Rudisell 5/12/10 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR (Post 169444)
I don't know were you got that mileage but it's 98 miles from my driveway;):31:

Must be the way the crow flys, lol

chrismattlin 5/12/10 12:35 PM

Yeah, yeah.... Eldora's right up the road from the 'Nati. You should head up there if it's a go, SPRINTCAR! You too Bozo !

Dave Rudisell 5/12/10 1:06 PM

I was going to go, but not sure now, i have a early day tomorrow, and not sure about the weather, who knows i might go, i'll decide around 3pm.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

also wondering how many cars and if and Lawrenceburg regulars will be racing tonight? i don't know of anyone local going??

Mud Packer 5/12/10 1:44 PM

According to the Eldora website, as of 1:30 PM it is still a go. Let's hope that the window of opportunity shines on the speedway and they can get the show in.:6:

chrismattlin 5/12/10 1:44 PM

Eldora's website says as of 1:30, it's still on.

Radar is starting to look more promising than it has all day.

SPRINTCAR 5/12/10 2:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrismattlin (Post 169449)
Yeah, yeah.... Eldora's right up the road from the 'Nati. You should head up there if it's a go, SPRINTCAR! You too Bozo !

I might surprise you big boy :32:

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell (Post 169457)
I was going to go, but not sure now, i have a early day tomorrow, and not sure about the weather, who knows i might go, i'll decide around 3pm.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

also wondering how many cars and if and Lawrenceburg regulars will be racing tonight? i don't know of anyone local going??

I don't know of any Burg regulars going. Three o'clock sounds like a good decision time.:22:

SteveD 5/12/10 2:37 PM

Too much rain will float the woodchips to the surface of the track, in which case they can burn them and dry out the track....Don't worry. be happy!

coachmeece 5/12/10 3:16 PM

i saw that there will be no live stream tonight bummer

duel 5/12/10 3:23 PM

made the decision not to go. just wish Eldora would always try this hard to get a show in. many many times a day like today they would have pulled the plug at noon and told us it's in the best interest on long travel for everyone. iv'e been trained. being the make-up with Tony being there i can see his crew doing all they can with something to prove. i hope so for the people who brave it tonight....:23:

Charles Nungester 5/12/10 3:30 PM

Live report from track by Dean Mills 3:30 Appears to be a go

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1470670047302

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachmeece (Post 169476)
i saw that there will be no live stream tonight bummer

Where did you see that? All the dates on USAC Live are from April.

I doubt they will but who knows.

BTW, Was good seeing you last friday at Bloomington, Dads still in hospital, They are thinking thursday release.
Chuck

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

From Facebook eldora post
Eldora Speedway We are going to give this one a GO! Gates are open and it appears we still should be on schedule for hot laps at 6:00 pm tonight. The rain has moved out and we're under overcast skies.... Tony's is here signing autographs right now... Earl Baltes and Jack Hewitt will host a meet and greet today at 5:00.
10 minutes ago · Comment · Like

Tim Watson 5/12/10 6:14 PM

As of 5:50pm the crew is working on running in the track. Due to the earlier rain it looks like they will be about an hour behind schedule. Hot laps tenatively scheduled for 7pm.