IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Former Boswell (Kamp) owner now owns Chandler? (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=125362)

nathans1012 4/15/24 2:09 PM

Former Boswell (Kamp) owner now owns Chandler?

1 Attachment(s)
Former Boswell (Kamp) owner now owns Chandler?

It appears Michael Daugherty is the new owner of Chandler Speedway near Evansville and is stripping Boswell to built up Chandler Speedway.

Reno Fontana got out bid at the auction by another knuckle head.

Gene Franckowiak 4/15/24 3:40 PM

Re: Former Boswell (Kamp) owner now owns Chandler?

Why didn't you bid. I'm surprised you didn't take a big rsk to prevent a "knucklehead" from getting the track......perhaps the guy who could get the money to buy the track is not the knucklehead ? :)

Dirtfan 4/15/24 4:01 PM

Gotta be in property transfers somewhere.

Charles Nungester 4/15/24 4:13 PM

I don't believe a thing coming out of this KAMP............. (See what did there)

Didn't the Daughtry guy have two tracks and neither worked out?

hoosier race fan 4/15/24 4:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 573210)
I don't believe a thing coming out of this KAMP............. (See what did there)

Didn't the Daughtry guy have two tracks and neither worked out?

Vermillion County, which he renamed Kickapoo Speedway, and the former Kamp Motor Speedway, which he renamed Daugherty Speedway.

oppweld 4/15/24 4:26 PM

Maybe he can bring those stands with him!

hoosier race fan 4/15/24 4:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene Franckowiak (Post 573207)
Why didn't you bid. I'm surprised you didn't take a big rsk to prevent a "knucklehead" from getting the track......perhaps the guy who could get the money to buy the track is not the knucklehead ? :)

This is about as dumb as saying why didn’t you run for president to someone who is critical of a president. You do not have the familiarity Nathan has with the individual who supposedly made this track purchase.

I’m not referencing any specific president with this comment.

PJ Wright 4/15/24 4:31 PM

Quote:

Gene, I suspect that some folks around Boswell would think that Nathan was being kind.

leftrear 4/15/24 4:37 PM

So let me get this right....if you have access to money you can't be a knucklehead. That's Merica for ya !

nathans1012 4/15/24 4:37 PM

Quote:

You might get to know the guy before to talk crap to me. I am very familiar with the guy. You obviously don't know him. I do. He's an idiot and rude as he!! and two I don't live down there and we race here in northwest Indiana and around are region with a Crate LM. I'm not some fan boy on a message board. No disrespect intended for those who also comment on Indiana Open Wheel.

Rpracing1 4/15/24 9:17 PM

Daugherty ran an unsuccessful bid for Evansville Mayor last year as an independent candidate. FYI.

cl124 4/16/24 12:36 PM

So being from the area (actually I own the property across the road on one side). I'm a bit confused and intrigued by this thread. Last I saw this property is going up for auction on 4/30 at noon i believe it is. I saw where this guy had posted asking locals if there was still an interest in a race track for this location but did not see where he purchased it. Did he purchase it and auction is no longer happening?

Rpracing1 4/16/24 2:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cl124 (Post 573246)
So being from the area (actually I own the property across the road on one side). I'm a bit confused and intrigued by this thread. Last I saw this property is going up for auction on 4/30 at noon i believe it is. I saw where this guy had posted asking locals if there was still an interest in a race track for this location but did not see where he purchased it. Did he purchase it and auction is no longer happening?

On FB, so gotta be true..................

Gene Franckowiak 4/17/24 1:35 PM

I'm not a fan either but rather a car owner, partner in another team, sponsor, etc. Race tracks are closing all over the country and possilby it would be prudent not to criticize guys who are trying to keep them open.....no matter how you feel personally about them. I have some of the same thoughts you have butt about some of the Central PA track owners but always remember this....if a track owner gets disillusioned with owning a track, he can sell it for more than he paid for it....and us racers will sell our equipment for pennies on the dollar. Racers do not hold the winning hand in the raccing game.

Gene Franckowiak 4/17/24 1:40 PM

Maybe he is being kind......but tracks are disappearing all over the country and I always kind think that when a business/track owner gets tired of the personal attacks, they sell their track and boom a strip mall or condos pop up....and then we cry. In my area, the track owners all own other successful businesses and own the tracks because they love the sport.....constant critizism can kill the love.

Mud Packer 4/17/24 2:55 PM

Rumor on the street is Daugherty purchased the joint and he plans on having Reno Fontana promote it.:16:D

Sorry, I just can't help thinking of that pairing.:5::10:

PJ Wright 4/17/24 3:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mud Packer (Post 573307)
Rumor on the street is Daugherty purchased the joint and he plans on having Reno Fontana promote it.:16:D

Sorry, I just can't help thinking of that pairing.:5::10:

With Dave Allison as race director.😂

jmamcd 4/17/24 3:44 PM

I was at Kamp the year they hosted a Sprint Week show. It wasn't dirty; it was filthy. Unwatchable. What a dump!

RacingFan52 4/18/24 8:54 AM

Does anybody know if Reno Fontana was Michael Daugherty's campaign manager in his run for mayor?

progressive22 4/18/24 9:42 AM

Quote:

Clueless!

hoscalecody 4/18/24 5:50 PM

According to the auction site there's still 11 days 19 hours left. 2 bids in total, current bid is $60,000.

I won't comment whether it's good or bad about Mr. Daugherty buying it. Never met him or been to either of his tracks. Had car issues preventing us to race at his facilities a couple times. I have friends that raced at his facilities and were local to the tracks. Some like him, some don't.

I will give him credit though, in 2020 pandemic it seemed like he was trying pretty hard to get races going, even though the county kept saying no and even blocked the roads to the track.