IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   BMARA engine rules are now D-II (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=82504)

jjones752 1/13/15 6:34 PM

Re: BMARA engine rules are now D-II

"The dwarf car tires are the key to affordable pavement racing."
OK, but we're talking about dirt. Or at least I was.
"If you have "too much" tire cars just get in line and wait for a mistake."
You haven't been to Montpelier; pretty racey bunch.
"As an IRS car owner I would be open to bigger tires on dirt but not on pavement."
Amen.
"I applaud BMARA for bravely moving forward with 21st century powerplants."
Me too. I wish them every success, along with every organization this year that have similar rules packages and philosophies. I hope we all have fun at our local venues, venture out a little when we can and that a rising tide will float all of our boats.

DAD 1/13/15 6:38 PM

Wayne

You need to tell them people that racing is like Marriage, if they wait until they can afford it they probably ain't never getting hitched or for that matter go racing. Might not be relevant today but who knows if Midgets can come back maybe marriage has a chance also.:)

Honest Dad himself:6::6:

DAD 1/13/15 6:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjones752 (Post 402875)
"The dwarf car tires are the key to affordable pavement racing."
OK, but we're talking about dirt. Or at least I was.
"If you have "too much" tire cars just get in line and wait for a mistake."
You haven't been to Montpelier; pretty racey bunch.
"As an IRS car owner I would be open to bigger tires on dirt but not on pavement."
Amen.
"I applaud BMARA for bravely moving forward with 21st century powerplants."
Me too. I wish them every success, along with every organization this year that have similar rules packages and philosophies. I hope we all have fun at our local venues, venture out a little when we can and that a rising tide will float all of our boats.

Jim

Wonder if we could talk Harold into running one race where they were only allowed to run Left rear tires across the back. That would be a lot of fun.:D

stoney 1/13/15 6:46 PM

Wings, stager, chains. What has that got to do with eng RULES G.F.Y.

jjones752 1/13/15 6:50 PM

It's called a "discussion". Wings may not be pertinent, but the other subjects relate.
Read something else if you don't like it, no need to get hostile...

DAD 1/13/15 6:53 PM

Stoney

All of them things figure into how much horsepower we can get to the race track, Skinny tire are only good to transfer so much horsepower, Wings let you get more of that horsepower to the track, and chain is just more efficient allowing more of the engine horsepower to reach the track. It all works together.;)

Charles Nungester 1/13/15 7:15 PM

This might be the best thing to happen out there, without totally kicking existing motors to the curb, But Im in total agreement with the too many classes to make any series worth a damn Both for fan base and for purses.

Id have Outlaw Karts, and TQ's as entry level. Midgets, Sprints and champs.

Thats it!

jjones752 1/13/15 7:26 PM

Charles, I think Brad was referring to too many Midget "Champions" diluting the meaning of the word; it is pretty confusing when you have Dirt, Pavement and Overall Focus champions in the East Coast, Midwest and West Coast, plus the National Dirt, Pavement & Overall, plus the Western States D.P.&O. Makes it a little like T-ball where nobody keeps score and everybody gets a trophy.
But that has nothing to do with engine rules.:31:

polecar 1/13/15 7:37 PM

so where can someone buy one of these new engines? and how much?

DAD 1/13/15 7:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjones752 (Post 402884)
Charles, I think Brad was referring to too many Midget "Champions" diluting the meaning of the word; it is pretty confusing when you have Dirt, Pavement and Overall Focus champions in the East Coast, Midwest and West Coast, plus the National Dirt, Pavement & Overall, plus the Western States D.P.&O. Makes it a little like T-ball where nobody keeps score and everybody gets a trophy.
But that has nothing to do with engine rules.:31:

Jim

I always liked the title "Perfect attendance award" better. That means that you attended all the races and finished better than all the others that attended all the races. In other words "Championships" were designed by promoters for promoters to encourage participation in their races.

I guess that was Brad Kuhn talking about Championships. His first ride in a Midget size car was in a 600cc upright Mini Sprint at Salem's Thunder Valley. We had a lot of championships in Quarter Midgets back in the day also but everyone recognized that "Light A" was the Championship of Championships, when you had to move up into heavy it was time to retire, and you only won that Championship at a Grand National Race.