IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Help please!
3/8/14, 9:33 PM   #1
Help please!
DAVE BOOS

2008 Yamaha R1 sent injection back to GUHL they cleaned out injectors made sure everything was working sent it back to me, I installed it on motor that I bought fired it up to make sure it was ok, fired right up ran great, pulled whole car apart, rebuilt car from frame up, reinstalled motor and inj. hooked back up all wiring went to start it up again today since car is basically complete now, put battery on charger (50amp), hit ignition switch heard inj. start clicking like it is supposed to, hit start button starter sounds real sluggish barely wants to turn it over, no spark, doesn't sound like it wants to fire at all, I checked and cleaned all grounds still nothing, ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED IM NEW TO LIGHTNING SPRINTS, DIDNT HAVE THIS MUCH WIRING WITH 270'S. Thank you in advance! Dave

3/9/14, 9:35 AM   #2
Re: Help please!
DAD

Dave

If you had charger on 50 amps you probably need a new battery and charger. Charging amps best left to 2 Amps 50 amps will warp the plates in battery and fry it is short order. The best battery for cycle batteries is a Battery tender. Leave it on battery whenever battery is not in use.

Honest Dad himself

3/9/14, 11:59 AM   #3
DAVE BOOS

That makes sense that I could have smoked battery and probably did, but wouldn't 50 amps be enough to compensate for smoked battery and fire it up while it was connected? Thanks a bunch for input! Its got me stumped.

3/9/14, 12:45 PM   #4
DAD

Dave

Shorted cell in battery and or computers don't like a/c pulse found in some chargers.

Honest Dad himself

3/9/14, 8:44 PM   #5
DAVE BOOS

DAD you are a genius! I took battery over to batteries plus they checked it out and it had a dead cell in it, bought a new battery put it in and it fired right up. Thanks a million! Now I can sleep tonight. Dave

3/9/14, 9:03 PM   #6
DAD

Dave

I spend a lot of time at Holiday Inns. If you live in the Mid West we got a race coming up at Du Quoin Ill. the 28th and 29th of March>

Honest Dad himself

3/10/14, 11:31 AM   #7
DAVE BOOS

Thanks for the invite! But that would be a long tow for me im in Lakewood, Co.

3/10/14, 3:21 PM   #8
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE BOOS View Post
Thanks for the invite! But that would be a long tow for me im in Lakewood, Co.
Dave

Yeh, I did a Google search on you and that is where I found you. Maybe next year when we change this race into a National Event?

Honest Dad himself

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Help please!