IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Global Speedway Tours - Australia needs some help
3/1/14, 7:00 PM   #1
Global Speedway Tours - Australia needs some help
GlobalSpeedway Tours

This is a genuine reach out for some assistance from USA fans.

On previous trips to the US for our July / August "Month of Money" tours we have always used rented 15 seater Chevy passenger vans as the means of transportation. However for our just completed 2014 Florida Speedweek tour we rented a 15 seater Minibus out of Miami and it was nearly perfect. More room, more height and comfort etc.

Renting this unit in Florida was easy as they are plentiful down there. My difficulty now however is finding a similar Minibus in the Midwest. Ideally from Indianapolis, but not absolutely necessary. Given that most of them are built in Indiana I would have thought they may have been easy to locate. But they're not!!

It does need to be a 15 seater due to CDL requirements and room (preferable, but not essential) for an equivalent amount of luggage. We can always run a separate "luggage mule" if need be.

If you know of such a company which rents them out, or perhaps someone you know might own one privately and would want to receive a commercially agreed rental price, then I'd be really interested to hear from you at peterp@globalspeedwaytours.com.au

The rental period will be from July 7th to August 11th 2014. The tour will do about 7,000 miles starting at the Brad Doty Classic and finishing with the Knoxville Nationals. Plus loads of non winged racing in between!!

The vehicle will be returned to exactly where it is picked up from and I am happy to phone anyone to further discuss if you send your phone number to me in an e-mail, or private message via this site.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who thinks they can help.

Regards; Peter Physick / Global Speedway Tours - Australia www.globalspeedwaytours.com.au
Last edited by GlobalSpeedway Tours; 3/1/14 at 7:15 PM.

3/1/14, 11:04 PM   #2
Re: Global Speedway Tours - Australia needs some help
Flatrightrear

I hope you get help in finding what you need, Peter. Hey, everybody, I met Peter and some of the guys in his group at Ocala this year and I can vouch for them as being great people just up for some fun and a lot of racing. He does these tours every year and it would be great to have enough people from the U.S. to do a tour of Australia for sprint car racing during our winter months. I'd go!! Please help Peter and his mates out if you can or if you know somebody that could.

3/1/14, 11:47 PM   #3
Flatrightrear

Peter- I found a place on the web called Allroads.com and they rent minibusses and have an office in Indy. Their number is 1-800-462-8746. Get on the web if you want and they have e-mail addresses if you don't want to call. It looks like they are nationwide. It said they have 18 passenger vans so maybe you could put your luggage in the back and not need an extra vehicle for that. Good luck!!

3/2/14, 12:04 AM   #4
Flatrightrear

Here's another called busbank.com/locations/indianapolis+IN. They have charters and rentals.

3/2/14, 6:40 AM   #5
GlobalSpeedway Tours

Thanks for your kind words about us Tom.

Chances are I've already looked at those sites but I'll check when I get into the office tomorrow morning.

Let's hope not ....

3/2/14, 8:14 PM   #6
Flatrightrear

uscoachways.com.

3/2/14, 8:26 PM   #7
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear View Post
I hope you get help in finding what you need, Peter. Hey, everybody, I met Peter and some of the guys in his group at Ocala this year and I can vouch for them as being great people just up for some fun and a lot of racing. He does these tours every year and it would be great to have enough people from the U.S. to do a tour of Australia for sprint car racing during our winter months. I'd go!! Please help Peter and his mates out if you can or if you know somebody that could.
Tom, you are right about a tour from here to there. I have been saying for years that I need to do that sometime, but an organized tour would certainly be the way to go.

3/3/14, 10:17 PM   #8
Flatrightrear

Isn't there anybody in the Indy area that has any info or leads that might help these guys out? Anybody? Hello!

3/4/14, 12:17 PM   #9
DAD

These things show up at auto auctions around here ever so often. They bring around $2500.00 to $6000.00 depending on condition and miles. Miles generally around 200,000+ but for one of these things that ain't a whole lot of miles. Might be cheaper to buy than rent?

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 3/4/14 at 12:18 PM.

3/4/14, 6:37 PM   #10
GlobalSpeedway Tours

Thanks to all those who have replied. It appears that most suggestions of websites are based around bus charters where the driver is also included. He or she is then governed by the regulations on driving distance and time in any one period.

I am specifically looking for a Rental company which can supply a Minibus (15 passenger max to avoid CDL requirements) which I drive myself.

Like Dad above, I too am thinking that purchasing one may well be the best option. However that becomes a difficult exercise from down here in Australia. I actually have had an offer of property in Ohio on which to store such a vehicle which would only be used for two tours a year, possibly three.

I'll have to give it some more thought so if you have some more suggestions it would be great to hear from you.

PS I have a tour itinerary all ready to go to accommodate Americans who would want to visit Australia for racing in January of each year. Maybe I should publish it on here one day to get opinions.

Thanks Peter
Last edited by GlobalSpeedway Tours; 3/4/14 at 6:40 PM.

3 members like this post: jerrydt, jjones752, mowerman
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Global Speedway Tours - Australia needs some help