IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Darryl and Daytona
2/24/14, 12:14 AM   #1
Darryl and Daytona
Flatrightrear

Everytime Waltrip says we're watching the best race car drivers in the world another big pile-up takes place. Now Mikey's blowin' off how great the leaders are. Owensboro, Ky. became a nice, quiet town once those two blowhards got out of town.

2/24/14, 12:35 AM   #2
Re: Darryl and Daytona
racer-x

Every time I hear DW talk about Danica I think I upchuck a little. Man he don't shut up about her! I wonder why he didn't point out that she hit that outside wall so hard because she let go of the steering wheel after the first hit!

2 members like this post: PIT CART, speed bump
2/24/14, 12:35 AM   #3
Gregg

So who won the race? Someone was saying Jimmie Johnson won earlier this evening.

The more I watch the Daytona 500 the more I wish the real racing season starts.

2/24/14, 12:37 AM   #4
Flatrightrear

Congratulations to Junior. From what I saw Harvick caused the big wreck that took out Danica and others and also the wreck at the end. If they were driving Indy cars there isn't a fence in the world that would've kept cars out of the grandstand so it's a good thing they got fenders.

2/24/14, 12:49 AM   #5
robert gatten

Auston Dillon is another hit and run driver as far as I can tell.

2/24/14, 1:08 PM   #6
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

I refuse to watch NASCAR races that FOX televises. Doofuss Darrell & Larry McDumb Azz have ruined any race for me that they announce. And that idiot brother of Darrell's is still there even though he is the leader of the biggest cheaters in NASCAR. Trying to fix the chase and yet they still have Mikie there. Go figure.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

2/24/14, 1:48 PM   #7
Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear View Post
Congratulations to Junior. From what I saw Harvick caused the big wreck that took out Danica and others and also the wreck at the end. If they were driving Indy cars there isn't a fence in the world that would've kept cars out of the grandstand so it's a good thing they got fenders.
Tell that to the 68 people who got injured last year when Kyle Larson hit the fence and deposited his engine and other parts into the stands at the end of the Nationwide race.

2/24/14, 3:11 PM   #8
Flatrightrear

Yes, that was terrible. My point is that cars would be flying into the stands on a regular basis if these NASCAR guys were driving open-wheel cars and that these "best drivers in the world" wreck all the time. Even Gordon said after the race that drivers were nuts after the rain delay.

2/24/14, 5:31 PM   #9
Bostonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
Every time I hear DW talk about Danica I think I upchuck a little. Man he don't shut up about her! I wonder why he didn't point out that she hit that outside wall so hard because she let go of the steering wheel after the first hit!
I'm sick of the Fox Crew too. Plus the new scoring takes up 30% of my TV screen What also gets me is, you can be watching another kind of sporting event on TV, and when they have the scrolling sports/race updates at the bottom of the screen, they ALWAYS, have Danica's position listed. Even when she's in last place in a Nationwide race! WHO F'N Cares? Did anyone else notice that, the car that took her out of the race, was a Richard Petty Car? That was the best part of the race. She's had the best equipment money can buy for 3 seasons now, and the clowns on fox keep sticking up for her? Saying she just needs more seat time. I don't get it. She is, and always will be, a back marker at best. NASCAR is a mess, and Fox Sports is doing a great job of pointing it out, with out even knowing it

3 members like this post: Indy1808, mowerman, throb
2/24/14, 6:01 PM   #10
Action Tracker

Did anyone else notice FOX segment on Jimmy Johnson before the race? Listed athletes from many sports and number of championships. Several race drivers including Mario Andretti with 4 championships. So I guess Foyt's seven national championships don't count.

2 members like this post: Bostonian, Pat O'Connor Fan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Darryl and Daytona