IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
1BIGracefan (Offline)
  #1 7/22/10 1:29 PM
Here are some pics from Haubstadts SW finale won by Blake Fitzpatrick & the weeks points won by Jon Stanbrough.

http://t2d.jalbum.net/haubstadt-SW-%2710

Thanks to Carey Akin for loaning me his Nikon after my Canon went down @ Gas City.

Kyle
3 Likes: jim goerge, PJ Wright, racegal
apexonephoto (Offline)
  #2 7/22/10 2:37 PM
Originally Posted by 1BIGracefan:
Here are some pics from Haubstadts SW finale won by Blake Fitzpatrick & the weeks points won by Jon Stanbrough.

http://t2d.jalbum.net/haubstadt-SW-%2710

Thanks to Carey Akin for loaning me his Nikon after my Canon went down @ Gas City.

Kyle
Kyle,

What Canon did you have, and what happened to it? Nice shots, that Carey is a nice guy!
cmakin (Offline)
  #3 7/22/10 3:27 PM
Originally Posted by apexonephoto:
Kyle,

What Canon did you have, and what happened to it? Nice shots, that Carey is a nice guy!
Shhh. Don't let folks know.

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
1BIGracefan (Offline)
  #4 7/22/10 3:39 PM
I have a Canon Xs it's giving me error 99. I have talked to Canon they say it can be repaired it just going to cost me about $230!

It is going to take me awhile to save my pennies to get it sent in for repair.
apexonephoto (Offline)
  #5 7/23/10 7:10 AM
Originally Posted by 1BIGracefan:
I have a Canon Xs it's giving me error 99. I have talked to Canon they say it can be repaired it just going to cost me about $230!

It is going to take me awhile to save my pennies to get it sent in for repair.
I just got my 30D back from repair, cost me $265 Canadian (about $230 US). Error 99 is pretty generic. Have you tried cleaning the contacts or trying a different lens. Even just trying it without a lens. The shutter would stick and you have to take the battery out.

I have a 20D thats been around since late 2005, and never had this issue. In all fairness the 30D has around 60,000 shots on it and is from early 2008. I know you don't shoot in the same dusty conditions all the time.

I just got a 7D which has much, much better seals and is a lot more expensive then the previous bodies I have bought. I put my 70-200 on it and I'm not taking it off!

For some of you aspiring photographers, don't do it. You'll never be the same. Camera's don't always hold up to the dirt, and you'll never want to sit in the grandstands again.