IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Seating capacity at the Sprint Week tracks?
7/19/10, 9:18 PM   #1
Seating capacity at the Sprint Week tracks?
Eatin Dirt

After attending all of the Sprint Week races over the past week and a half I was wondering how many people each of the tracks would seat. I had been to all of the tracks before but never seen them that full.

7/20/10, 2:02 PM   #2
Re: Seating capacity at the Sprint Week track
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Both a good and bad problem to have.
Other than the Kings Royals, Knox Nationals and some bigger late model races, How long since we seen traditional sprints selling out???????

I seen pictures and videos of fairgrounds packed to the limit but this is the first time I've seen tracks reach almost or exceed their capacity to handle crowds.

(Most of the tracks had room left, Some plenty but it was a turnout and all races got in!!!!!!! )

Keep in mind that some of the tracks were on weeknights as well. Thats awesome!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/20/10 at 2:29 PM.

7/20/10, 2:23 PM   #3
oldfan49

The State Fire Marshall made them quit selling standing room only tickets for the Ron Shuman Classic at Lakeside in Kansas City a few years ago. Both nights are sold out every year and they have some pretty big stands there

7/20/10, 2:30 PM   #4
hoosier race fan

According to the Gas City website the seating capacity for their main grandstands is 3700. Add in the small stands by the restrooms, and the seating on the pit side and its probably about 4200. I would say they probably had at least 5,000 people on the grounds for their sprintweek race. Nice night for the wallet if you're Tommy, Jiggs, and Jack.

7/20/10, 4:28 PM   #5
ISF

I went to the Western World at Manzy a few years ago and they quit selling general admission before the races started. First time I'd ever been to a dirt track where they stopped selling tickets and I've been to the World 100 20 some times and never saw them stop selling gen ad tickets for that.

What kind of crowd did ISW draw at Brownstown? That's big time late model country.

It's great that the sprinters are drawing big crowds. Where I'm from it's pretty much dirt late models or nothing. Non-winged sprinters just don't draw the crowd.

7/20/10, 5:07 PM   #6
fishnman

Though I have posted it on here before, I wonder if anyone can guess the seating capacity at Lawrenceburg. Main grandstand? Total of all grandstands, including pits, buttcheek to buttcheek?? May surprise you

7/20/10, 6:01 PM   #7
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

8,253 and a half

7/20/10, 6:02 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Though I have posted it on here before, I wonder if anyone can guess the seating capacity at Lawrenceburg. Main grandstand? 3700 Total of all grandstands, including pits, buttcheek to buttcheek?? May surprise you[/QUOTE] 7800

Look forward to the answer, it was given on this site before but at least two years ago.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Seating capacity at the Sprint Week tracks?