IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora dust bowl ?
7/19/10, 9:47 AM   #1
Eldora dust bowl ?
dirt330

Last few times at eldora they had problems with track. Canceled usac earlier in season. Have they got the dusty problem solved. If not will go elsewhere.

7/19/10, 2:21 PM   #2
Re: Eldora dust bowl ?
Dyno Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt330 View Post
Last few times at eldora they had problems with track. Canceled usac earlier in season. Have they got the dusty problem solved. If not will go elsewhere.
A friend of mine went to the night before The Kings Royal. He said that the water trucks spent more time on the track than WoOs.

Keep in mind he is a Nascrap fan and goes to very few dirt races, but he said the racing was good, but too much track prep.

7/20/10, 10:32 PM   #3
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Don View Post
A friend of mine went to the night before The Kings Royal. He said that the water trucks spent more time on the track than WoOs.

Keep in mind he is a Nascrap fan and goes to very few dirt races, but he said the racing was good, but too much track prep.
The racing was good, but to much track prep? I thought track prep is what gets you good racing?

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/20/10, 10:45 PM   #4
HoosierMikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
The racing was good, but to much track prep? I thought track prep is what gets you good racing?

Very good point!!

7/21/10, 7:25 AM   #5
arctic monkey21

It wasn't anything like April on Saturday night. The water truck spent plenty of time on the track.

7/21/10, 10:06 AM   #6
illinisprintfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
There are times at Haubstadt when you watch all the track prep, and you think "CCCOOOMMMEE OOONNN!!!". But then the racing starts, the surface is perfect, you are not covered in layers of dust, the racing is awesome, and you think "well, all the work they put into it was worth it".

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/21/10, 12:00 PM   #7
dant

Sounds like the people preping the track need a pat on the back and a thank you for thier great efforts....kinda like push truck drivers-they push off 100's of cars uneventfull with no thanks..something goes wrong and everybody chews them out...damned if you do ..damned if you don't..how about a big thank you to all the unsung heros who put a great race together

1 member likes this post: Speedwrench
7/21/10, 4:37 PM   #8
Wingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Don View Post

I am a dirt fan veteran. They absolutely spent entirely too much time on the track. Eldora seemed like they were in no hurry to move the program along. They only ran WOO and 360's friday/saturday night and I was in my truck at 11:45 friday and 12 saturday. I think that is terrible! Really each time they watered the track it did not change much.

7/21/10, 5:47 PM   #9
sc17x

THEY WERE MAKING UP F0R THE WATER THEY HAVE N0T USED THE LAST FEW YEARS
Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: jim goerge, PIT CART
7/21/10, 6:29 PM   #10
9racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
I am a dirt fan veteran. They absolutely spent entirely too much time on the track. Eldora seemed like they were in no hurry to move the program along. They only ran WOO and 360's friday/saturday night and I was in my truck at 11:45 friday and 12 saturday. I think that is terrible! Really each time they watered the track it did not change much.
Well im a dirt fan "veteran" part time driver.. I think they did the CORRECT thing.. the racing was great, track was great. Now if the track was crap, and it ended at say 830 pm, Im almost positive you would have been the first "veteran fan" on here singing about how dusty it was, and maybe they coulda spent more time prepping the track.. total of 89 cars that night.. 47 woo, and 42 Nra cars... But I suppose you go to the track because someone twists your arm to go? C'Mon give the "Big E" staff a break.. Track was good, cars were damn fast, good racing.. Hope it only gets better from here.. BTW, "really each time they watered the track it did not change much" your just plain silly.. Id give my left B*ll to see them prep the track that well for the 4 crown.. or whatever its called now..

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora dust bowl ?