IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ISW Payouts
7/9/17, 8:58 AM   #1
ISW Payouts
Kmartin712

Does anyone know what the payout is for the nightly shows during ISW and the final points payout?

7/9/17, 9:45 AM   #2
Re: ISW Payouts
bart

The nightly pay out of $5,000 is listed on the "race info" link on the USAC schedule page. Here is the link for tonight's event. "race info"

Not sure about champ payouts, that has been the unanswered topic many times.

Bart

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/9/17, 3:19 PM   #3
jim goerge

the $5000 is not the purse, that is to win. Which should be a lot more for the races to keep up with the cost of owning a car

4 members like this post: cornerthree, sprinter31, streetglider, tirespinner
7/9/17, 3:25 PM   #4
jim goerge

The $5000 is to win not the total purse

7/10/17, 5:54 PM   #5
treecitytornado

$5000 to Win and $500 to start, plus $100 for any car not making the Feature.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/11/17, 12:15 AM   #6
cshuman

Minus $100 from wherever you finish if you aren't a member

7/11/17, 3:32 AM   #7
flagboy55

Shots fired! Think there could be a WAR

4 members like this post: cshuman, Kydehart, sprinter31, tirespinner
7/11/17, 8:30 AM   #8
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
the $5000 is not the purse, that is to win. Which should be a lot more for the races to keep up with the cost of owning a car
It should be a lot more, but where does the money come from ?
If you plan on keeping up with the cost of owning a car 99% of car owners will come up short.
Bottom line is that racing for most is a money losing deal, lotsa money. If you go into it expecting anything else your not realistic. Don't spend anymore money on racing that you can throw away, pretty much sums up most racing. There was way more tracks and racers when there was more DISPOSABLE income. Hard skinny tires, a lot less horsepower needed, parts lasted longer yada yada. Oh yeah, also didn't need huge haulers and all the fluff to impress god knows who.
While I'm at it I will also say that most car owners are to much in the box with their thinking. They'd rather have the same driver wreck car after car then to take the chance on a unproven driver, it aint black magic driving a racecar. It actually comes easy for some folk, theres way harder things done then driving a sprintcar.
Last edited by Backitin; 7/11/17 at 8:39 AM.

2 members like this post: cwtornado, JDR37
7/11/17, 11:07 AM   #9
cshuman

Haha not at all, just giving information. That surprises a lot of guys when they get their check.

5 members like this post: flagboy55, hairracer44, jim goerge, Kydehart, tirespinner
7/11/17, 11:37 AM   #10
wingless1

I was sitting in the stands at East Bay Raceway in Florida for a 410 non-wing sprint show, 2005 I think was the year, good field of cars, nice track, great middle of February weekend. The feature winner is being interviewed in victory lane and starts complaining that the race paid way too little for guys who towed from California, and he sort of shamed the track owner/promoter for the low purse. His right to say what he wants, as I listened to his rant I looked around at the crowd in the stands, for the entire evening there was maybe 300 paid admissions at the track, maybe. So the track owner takes a beating in the pocket book, and gets a verbal beat down by the main event winner, that had to be a bitter pill to swallow. Just where is the money supposed to come from? Printing programs, paying track employees, insurance, etc. is not free. Dan Kazarian told me they need to sell 2,600 adult admissions to make a profit for a sprint car show at Perris Auto Speedway, that was in 1998.

1 member likes this post: TNRustler
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ISW Payouts