IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg-Sprint Week
6/29/17, 4:03 PM   #1
Lawrenceburg-Sprint Week
sdsacr

Going to Lawrenceburg for the first time for ISW. Few questions, website says camping is available, we will be in a tent. Where do you setup? Also, can you reserve your seat early in the day like some tracks? If so, what time? What else does a first timer need to know? Thanks

6/29/17, 5:01 PM   #2
Re: Lawrenceburg-Sprint Week
jonboat15

Yes there is camping at the track. Get there early if you can, there is under roof parking in the pavilions. I was there for midget week and there were people tenting under the pavilions. You might want to be under a roof as I've heard it gets quite warm at The Burg for sprint week. During Midget week you could put blankets in the stands well before the gates opened.
Lawrenceburg is a top notch facility, very impressive! Everything about the place was above par except maybe the restroom maintenance. They do have showers in the restrooms which were quite welcome when I visited, but the toilets were clogged and overflowing. I've been to almost 50 tracks and The Burg rates as one of the nicest facilities I have been at. I'm looking forward to going back again someday.

2 members like this post: sdsacr, tirespinner
6/29/17, 5:03 PM   #3
jonboat15

BTW the Fire Water Bar and Grill just up the road offers good food and drink.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/29/17, 6:04 PM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsacr View Post
Going to Lawrenceburg for the first time for ISW. Few questions, website says camping is available, we will be in a tent. Where do you setup? Also, can you reserve your seat early in the day like some tracks? If so, what time? What else does a first timer need to know? Thanks
You can tent on the south side of the fairgrounds or wherever you can setup. No campfires inside the fairground fencing but if you want to camp over by the horse barrel track you can.

No reserved seats. However you can walk in anytime I think up to a half hour before 3pm. The pit gate opens at 3pm. It's at the far right as you enter the grounds and they sell tickets both for Pits and for Gen Admission. (I also suggest this for late arrivals as the main gate line gets long)

The main gate opens at 5pm (Usually) there is also a gate at the back of the far end of the grandstand. Also open at 5pm.

The only track with reserved seating is Tri State and it sells out quick.

People need to mark only the seats they need and get as many in the main grandstand as possible. There is plenty of seating at THE BURG but not all of it is Premium. Turn Two is good but it can be dusty with sun in your face

1 member likes this post: sdsacr
6/29/17, 10:29 PM   #5
addictedtodirt

Lots of 110v plugs. Bring a fan and a 50' or better yet, a 100' cord for those nights when a fan is needed. IsW can be muggy.

6/29/17, 10:52 PM   #6
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Lburg and THAT have showers

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg-Sprint Week