IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Incentive!!
5/18/17, 1:24 PM   #1
Incentive!!
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

What would be your "INCENTIVE" to come to the races?

As a car owner - driver what would bring you to the track?

As a fan...what would help make you come every week?

Or are we just ?

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

1 member likes this post: davidm
5/18/17, 1:50 PM   #2
Re: Incentive!!
Simon_says17

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 17

As a fan that has a track 10 minutes away that I don't go to every week because I don't care for the racing (late models, mods, street stocks, etc.), for me it's the classes. Admission price doesn't and wouldn't keep me away. If there were sprint cars or midgets run weekly with other stock car classes interspersed to keep the lights on, I'd be there every week. If I lived near an Indiana track with weekly sprint or midget shows, i'd be there. Just not an option for me.

Down there in the south though, if you're having trouble getting people to the track, my guess would be people just don't know about it or have much interest? But I have no clue, just a guess. Didn't really think there was much interest for open wheel racing down there?

5/18/17, 2:14 PM   #3
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Davis View Post
What would be your "INCENTIVE" to come to the races?

As a fan...what would help make you come every week?

Or are we just ?
A no choo choo guarantee. If the track locks down you get to use your stub as admission to another event at the speedway in one calendar year from that date.

Good affordable food.

$12 or less GA for weekly shows. (Went from $12 to $15 as standard. What happened to $13 or $14 first off. And frankly few weekly shows are worth $15 plus travel cost. For me minimum travel is hour and a half.)

Reserved seating at select events. (When I have to drive 3 hours on a Friday, I want to guarantee my butt a decent seat.)

No marking general seats until scheduled gates opening

Well planned traffic flow so that you can exit the facility in a timely manner.
Last edited by brsteg; 5/18/17 at 2:16 PM.

3 members like this post: PIT CART, racenut69, Wayne Davis
5/18/17, 2:52 PM   #4
PIT CART

For me moving the show along, don't run a support class feature first that is going to take an hour to run 20 laps. Have more than one window open to sell tickets is a plus. I hate waiting in line because someone can't get there credit card to work. It is also nice to buy a beer when you get your popcorn or cheeseburger not having to go to two lines.

5 members like this post: CB24, mc/rider, Simon_says17, Stevensville Mike, Wayne Davis
5/18/17, 4:06 PM   #5
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
For me moving the show along
Good answer, good answer!

1 member likes this post: Stevensville Mike
5/18/17, 4:20 PM   #6
cmiracingvids

As a driver, it really sucks when a track is running like 7 classes. I've rolled onto the track for my feature at 12:30 before. That's just nonsense if you ask me.

As a fan, I have to agree with the not marking seats off until gates open. If you can get there early cuz you live close, fine...but not a day before the event.

3 members like this post: dirt330, FALCONEDDIE, PIT CART
5/19/17, 2:59 PM   #7
Backitin

This one is easy for me, if I had a track that ran nonwing sprints to attend. That and only a couple support classes. Wont bother driving over the hill to see the Big block mods. We'd run a car if we had a place to race.
Last edited by Backitin; 5/19/17 at 3:01 PM.

5/19/17, 3:01 PM   #8
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

All GREAT responses...we as series/track owners need to know what to correct...I know I do ..hell I was in the 8th grade 8 times....

Many have read but few have posted... What would help to get YOUR but to the track every week....especially you as a car owner/racer/driver.

I know for me it would be "FAIRNESS" across the board and that EVERY racer is treated equally. That is something I take pride in that I do that...Payout is the prime example... We pay last place very good because the those guys have the same ticket price and the same cost to get there. We have the one race a year that pays very well at the top but it was still very fair throughout the field.

Let us here from you...thanks to all that has posted so far

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

4 members like this post: mc/rider, racenut69, Simon_says17, trannyman
5/20/17, 10:49 AM   #9
dirt40

We go to the track every week and have for years. We run a Speed2/D2 midget. I know for us as car owners the payout is a big thing. When we go to watch a big show, I hate that there are 6 or 7 classes. I want the show to move along. The tracks close to me don't get the best attendance and that is sad. If we aren't racing then we are watching.

5/20/17, 12:57 PM   #10
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 85

What we look for in a race track to get us to come back time and again are the following: good track prep, no more than three divisions, good racing, program that posts a schedule & then sticks to it (no 5 to 6 hour shows, no one wants to sit out all night & especially ones with kids - if you can't run your show in 3 to 4 hours than you need to reexamine your operation), quick clean up crews & good wrecker service (nothing drags a show down more than sloooow wrecker cleanup), good food at reasonable prices, comfortable & plentiful seating with areas for lawn chairs and last but not least after intermission track prep you should always, always run your main class giving them the best surface possible to perform on.

Bruce and Pat Eckel

3 members like this post: mc/rider, oldfan49, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Incentive!!