IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ISF (Offline)
  #1 4/6/17 10:57 AM
As I said in another thread I'm almost embarrassed that we've never made the 3.5 hour trip over to Kokomo. Given our unfamiliarity we're curious as to what the general admission blanket policy is at Kokomo for these bigger shows? Are they allowed and if so can blankets be left in place for the second night? What is their cooler policy.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
Nate (Offline)
  #2 4/6/17 12:04 PM
No coolers.

They allow blankets to be put down but not sure if they'll let you keep them there overnight.

Nate Bickel - @natefb22
Sandy Lowe (Offline)
  #3 4/6/17 12:22 PM
No food or beverages allowed to be brought in either. I've been stopped at the front gate carrying a bottle of water.
2 Likes: ISF, rdzsprint
reeserx (Online)
  #4 4/6/17 1:10 PM
Just a guess but since it's a usac show, gates open at 3 so then you'll be able to put your blanket down and, I'd imagine as in the past you'll have to pull them up and put em back down Sunday at 3
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, ISF
Scooter (Offline)
  #5 4/6/17 4:08 PM
They don't open the gate early ever.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, ISF
ISF (Offline)
  #6 4/6/17 6:52 PM
We're figuring on arriving at the racetrack at around 1 PM local time.

This event will probably draw a very good crowd, especially Saturday night, so we're making the effort to get to to the track as early as possible.

Thanks to everyone.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #7 4/10/17 8:25 AM
To close the loop on the blanket policy for the Kokomo GP: Kokomo Speedway allowed blankets to be put down and left there after the Saturday Night show so that the seats were "reserved" for Sunday Night.

Also, the old bleachers on the backstretch have been removed and are to be replaced by a larger aluminum structure which will accommodate 1,000 seats, or so. In short - HUGE!
2 Likes: koolaid89, PIT CART
davidm (Offline)
  #8 4/10/17 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike:
To close the loop on the blanket policy for the Kokomo GP: Kokomo Speedway allowed blankets to be put down and left there after the Saturday Night show so that the seats were "reserved" for Sunday Night.

Also, the old bleachers on the backstretch have been removed and are to be replaced by a larger aluminum structure which will accommodate 1,000 seats, or so. In short - HUGE!
I wonder what NASCAR track these seats are coming from?
2 Likes: speed bump, sprinter14
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #9 4/10/17 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by davidm:
I wonder what NASCAR track these seats are coming from?
One thing that came up in a conversation with a fellow fan is if eventually at Kokomo Speedway, the back stretch will become the front stretch and vice versa. It would also make looking into that Turn 2 setting Sun no longer a problem for most of the fans with more seats out back.

Just wondering, though.....
bigq11 (Offline)
  #10 4/10/17 2:00 PM
Ordered my back stretch seats today!!!!!