IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Leon Gentry Classic at Chandler Speedway Cancelled Sept 16th
8/30/16, 8:27 PM   #1
Leon Gentry Classic at Chandler Speedway Cancelled Sept 16th
thunder31

Officials at Chandler Motor Speedway have made the tough decision to close the track and not race on September 16th. This means that we have to cancel the Leon Gentry Classic that was scheduled for that night. We want to apologize to the family who was helping to get drivers and sponsors for this race and to anyone who planned on attending this race.

It was not an easy choice for us to make that came about due to the track sharing spectator parking with Greater Evansville Dragway next door. The dragstrip added a huge 2-day event mid-season that has quickly spiraled into something larger than everyone expected. We saw that we were going to run out of parking between the two tracks. This is a new problem that we haven't experienced the past few years as the dragstrip has been closed until this season and we usually don't run on the same days. The remaining events on the schedule for 2016 are still on at Chandler Motor Speedway.
Last edited by thunder31; 8/30/16 at 8:28 PM.

8/31/16, 2:57 PM   #2
Dgentry51

Gonna try to get a different venue next year, I want to thank everyone who told me they were coming and wanted to participate in celebrating my fathers career in racing.

Thanks again, Donnie

8/31/16, 5:13 PM   #3
treecitytornado

I enjoyed racing the first one last October and look forward to a future "Leon Gentry Classic!"

8/31/16, 7:26 PM   #4
Rpracing1

Boy that sux.... Had potential to be a good annual hometown show. Swing and a miss.
Last edited by Rpracing1; 8/31/16 at 7:31 PM.

2 members like this post: Dgentry51, jim goerge
9/1/16, 10:10 AM   #5
Morin Racing 98

Race Count Last Year: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgentry51 View Post
Gonna try to get a different venue next year, I want to thank everyone who told me they were coming and wanted to participate in celebrating my fathers career in racing.

Thanks again, Donnie
Donnie, Tri-State and MSCS like to have a name for every race..I think it should be an MSCS race at Haubstaudt!!

4 members like this post: Dgentry51, jim goerge, luckybuc97, RedRacer07
9/1/16, 6:00 PM   #6
treecitytornado

It's all about being an open, Outlaw style race too though! Open tire, no member fees, etc.

1 member likes this post: Leohr46
9/1/16, 6:31 PM   #7
Re: Leon Gentry Classic at Chandler Speedway Cancelled Sept
Pushtruck

Donnie you might try contacting Daughtery's. In addition to running Daughterty Speedway (formerly Kamp Motor Speedway) they have just taken over Kickapoo Speedway (formerly Vermilion Co Speedway in Danville, IL) It might appeal to them to run a non wing sprint car special event using that format at some point.

3 members like this post: Dgentry51, tirespinner, treecitytornado
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Leon Gentry Classic at Chandler Speedway Cancelled Sept 16th