IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MOWA Sprints in action at Bloomington Speedway tonight
6/17/16, 9:44 AM   #1
MOWA Sprints in action at Bloomington Speedway tonight
MOWA

The Neal Tire and Auto Service MOWA Sprint Car Series presented by Casey's General Store rolls in to the Hoosier sState of Indiana for this evening as we race at Bloomington Speedway. Gates open at 4:30 p.m. with practice at 6:30, qualifying to follow and racing at 7:30. All times are Eastern! More information at bloomingtonspeedway.com and midwestopenwheel.com. Hope to see you there!

6/17/16, 1:53 PM   #2
i love dirt track racing

We are heading your way for some great dirt track racing. Have fun and enjoy all the great racing events this weekend.

3 members like this post: DirtHawk92, Great Scott, pushinthecushin
6/18/16, 12:20 AM   #3
Re: MOWA Sprints in action at Bloomington Speedway tonight
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Feature Results:
MOWA)Bloomington IN...#12H Jerrod Hull #20N Hunter Schuerenberg #44 AJ Bruns #25 Jake Blackhurst #4 Danny Smith #14 Ethan Barrow #23 Jimmy Light #17GP CJ Leary #85 Mike Terry #50 Casey Shuman #10S Jeremy Standridge #3 Dakota Jackson #42 Cory Bruns #7 Critter Malone #4K Kody Kinser #56 Jared Fox #21 Carson Short #1M Jim Moughan #2 Parker Price-Miller #4B Tom Busch 6/17

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

6/18/16, 3:54 AM   #4
KingRandomUser

Gotta give props to Hunter for his great run. For those that missed it, Hunter's front wing was damaged very early on while leading as he avoided the spinning car of Cory Bruns on around lap 4 or so and ran into the back of a lap car. Despite this he kept his foot in it and had an awesome battle with Hull, the two of them trading slide jobs for the lead for several laps otherwise staying very close to each other. Hunter unfortunately banged it off the cushion in turn 2 on the G-W-C restart, allowing Hull to sneak past on the bottom and hold him off to seal the win. Good battles all throughout the field as well and nice job by some of the 305 regulars and even a few whom we see usually in a NW-Car. Fast and furious all night with little margin for error no doubt is quite the mental and physical challenge. Congrats to Jerrod Hull on the win, and Kody Kinser for fast time (9.7 seconds).

Other classes had some good racing as well all through the night besides some wild moments of their own. Some good two and three wide battles, even some tight racing to which anywhere from 4 to 8 cars were all within a second of the leader if not going 2 or 3 wide for the lead too. Other moments include two Super Stocks flipping, two catching fire, a Hornet taking a nasty endless barrel roll tumble all the way to the turn 1/2 guardrail, and a few mini-sprints toppling over with one or two taking a bit of a harder ride. Thankfully all drivers involved in their misfortune are okay. Nevertheless a good Friday night of racing.

3 members like this post: bigvee, DirtHawk92, pushinthecushin
6/18/16, 8:20 AM   #5
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

I thought the MOWA cars put on a very entertaining feature last night. Felt bad for Hunter who was leading for most of the race. There were certainly plenty of sliders between the top 2!

6/18/16, 12:12 PM   #6
kdobson

Thanks to the fans and teams that came out last night.. We appreciate the support of the Indiana teams. Two straight trips to Indiana for one-off shows is tough on our primarily Illinois-based teams and staff.

This was a home race and important event for our title sponsor Neal Tire. Thanks for helping us show them the value they recieve by being involved in grassroots racing.

3 members like this post: Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, pushinthecushin
6/18/16, 12:32 PM   #7
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

I for one hope the MOWA Series makes a return visit in 2017,back to back nights with TSS would be awesome IMO!

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, Jackslash.com, wildman92
6/18/16, 1:48 PM   #8
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I enjoyed the MOWA sprints; great feature race. Wish they would have run the modifieds right after the sprints; I wanted to watch Devin Gilpin run. Any results from the modifieds?

6/18/16, 1:51 PM   #9
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I enjoyed the MOWA sprints. The feature was outstanding. Wish the modifieds had run right after the sprint; I always like to watch Devin Gilpin. I checked the results and I see that he won.

6/18/16, 2:35 PM   #10
KingRandomUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
I enjoyed the MOWA sprints. The feature was outstanding. Wish the modifieds had run right after the sprint; I always like to watch Devin Gilpin. I checked the results and I see that he won.
Gilpin Won Big surprise eh?

Ryan Thomas
Josh Harris
John Demoss
Jordan Wever
Roy Bruce, Jr.
John Clippinger
Sam Wray
Mike Bowersox
Derek Groomer
Stephen Schnapf
Brad Thompson
Cullen Goodman
Josh Settles
Jason Clark
Jarod Fleetwood
Jay Humphrey, Jr.
Bradley Sterrett
Jacoby Hines
Bryson Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
I for one hope the MOWA Series makes a return visit in 2017,back to back nights with TSS would be awesome IMO!
That would be a pretty good idea should they indeed decide to run both tracks again (maybe others?) in 2017. Could even have a 2 week Indiana Weekend Swing should other tracks such as LPS, Burg, Brownstown, even Kokomo, etc. throw their hat in as possible places to run as well. Depending on the year, scheduling, and how holidays fall there is even potential to have a 3-day or even 4-day Indiana swing starting with Bloomington on Friday, LPS/Burg/Brownstown Saturday, Haubstadt Sunday. (With LPS Possibly on a Thursday). Could be a fun little "week" while USAC is out East should they pick around this time to run in Indiana. There are other potential dates as well of course, just tossing out ideas. Tracks can either run the NW cars for some double-duty potential and possible bonus incentives for winning both, or just not run them to allow them to travel elsewhere (VCS or other out of state, or if Gas City runs NW cars), run with USAC (if applicable), or bolt on the Wings. But I think running them with MOWA could be fun, kinda similar to how Midget Week is. Yet it'd also be fun to see if any regulars do put the wings on (or the 410 motor in the case of the 305's) and try to play spoiler. Even MMSA could get in on all the events as the only other "support series". a 3-series all sprint-car card would be a good night in my book either way.
Last edited by KingRandomUser; 6/18/16 at 3:04 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MOWA Sprints in action at Bloomington Speedway tonight